Best way to optimize WHR? (Photos)

I am short (5'4") and obese with a BMI of 37. I desire a WHR of 0.7 or better. I understand that I will need to lose more weight prior to surgery, but weight loss is leaving me with saggy skin. Is there any way to get a narrow waist but an enhanced hip and buttock area? I expect with my skin I will likely need an abdominoplasty. I would greatly prefer lipo and no abdominoplasty, but question what results would be realistic. I welcome any feedback.

Best way to optimize WHR?

The best way to improve your abdominal contour is by abdominoplasty. Liposuction will not help and will result in excess skin. Some liposuctio could be done to improve the surgical outcome. Fat grafting to enhance buttock contour should be considered at a different time. Both the procedures could not be performed at the same time.

Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon

Optimize WHR

The only way to enhance your waist-to-hip ratio is via a Brazilian butt lift combined with a full tummy tuck. Liposuction alone will yield disappointing results. 

Best treatment for you

Hi NurseLaura,  From your pictures you will need a tummy tuck to improve the appearance of your abdomen. Do not waist your money on lipo of the abdomen it will most likely only make it look worse. If you ar truly interested in fat injections to your buttocks then you should do this separate from the tummy tuck.  It is not advisable to do them together because of the recovery and positioning after each procedure.  It doesnt matter which is done first however tummy tuck will give you a more dramatic improvement overall. Any wt loss should be done before both procedures because it improves the result of tummy tuck and will shrink the fat in the butt thta was injected.  If you are not going to address the butt then your best choice is a tummy tuuck and lipo of bra roll and hip/flank area. This will give a nice improvement in your body contour. Weight loss before and after will improve results. Hope this helps.

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

You are best served with a TT, lipocontouring posterior trunk, and fat grafting to the buttock. It is best to get your weight reduced so there are fewer risks with elective surgery. Best wishes.

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. I would recommend you a Tummy Tuck to achieve a flatter abdomen and lipo in the waist area . Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Better body proportions

Thank you for the question and photos.  The best way to achieve a narrower waist and fuller hips/buttocks is to perform liposuction of  the waist area and fat transfer to the hip and buttock area.  Since you have some loose skin in the abdominal area you will have decide whether you would like the loose skin corrected as well with a tummy tuck.  A tummy tuck would further tighten and narrow your waistline since tightening of the abdominal wall will also narrow your waist so would the liposuction of the waist area.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD