How long should it take for Botox to get out of my system?

I got Botox in November of 2015 in my legs and it paralyzed me how long will it take to get the botox out of my system as I got too much to begin with.

Botox Length

Botox typically lasts 3-4 months. If you feel you are experiencing any form of complications since your treatment I strongly urge you to discuss this issue with your physician.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox in the legs

Thank you for your question Melissap43. I have never injected Botox in the legs so I am not sure I can offer you much help. In the face and neck Botox usually lasts three to four months. The dosing in larger muscles is usually higher and perhaps for this reason it lasts longer. I recommend speaking with your doctor and/or a neurologist for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox Duration

Botox typically wears off after 3 months.  If you had a complication with your last injection, I would strongly recommend discussing this with your physician prior to any further injections.

Clyde Mathison, MD
Knoxville Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Long for Botox to Wear Off?

I'd recommend a visit back to your doctor who injected you. Botox wears off in 3-6 months after injection. You may consider visiting a neurologist regarding your symptoms. Best of luck.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

I am not sure why you had Botox in your legs and what does was used. Botox actually does not stay in the body very long despite the fact that the results can last 3-4 months. At this point, there is absolutely no Botox left in your body after an injection in November 2015. Best.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox - how long until it wears off?

Sorry to hear you aren't satisfied with your treatment. After 3 - 4 months, the effects of your treatments should have dissipated by now. I would highly advise to follow up with your physician. Explain the situation and possibly get referred to a specialist or another plastic surgeon. Best of Luck.

How long should it take to get Botox out of my system?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your paralysis issues.  Botox typically works for 3-4 months in most patients.  Since you are going on 7 months I would recommend discussing your results with your injector to obtain an in-person evaluation and potential referral to a specialist.  Best wishes.

Botox and Results

Results take 3-4 months to resolve. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox in legs - how soon for the paralysis to wear off?

Thank you for your question about Botox.

• This is an unusual situation - and sounds very troubling.
  • Your best advice will come from the doctor who treated you.
  • If your doctor was not a neurologist or plastic surgeon, I suggest you seen one.
  • However, Botox can last up to a year in some people
  • You will know it is wearing off, when the area of paralysis gains strength again.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

How long does botox last

Generally speaking all effects of Botox last 4 months or a little longer. If you are having problems that are long lasting and systemic you should see a board certified neurologist

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist