What kind of implant will give me maximum projection and roundness? (Photo)

I'm 33yrs old been a dancer all my life. Are hip implants ideal for petite patients with little to no fat to harvest.

Wanting roundness on your buttocks

The ideal implants for your buttocks implants is determined by your buttocks size and diameter; any fat that you may have is then harvested and transferred to your lateral hips to provide you even more roundness. Please see link below to determine appropriate buttocks implant selection.

Buttock implants

Buttock implants will not fill out the lateral hip region too much. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Buttock/hip implant shape and size selection

Regarding buttock/hip augmentation, let me start off by saying that I currently see at least 2 - 3 patients per week, from around the world, that failed "brazilian buttock lift" (i.e. the fat melted away after 10 - 12 months) and are now seeking a more reliable and permanent option (i.e. buttock implants). 

One of the most important factors in creating the perfect derriere with implants is indeed selecting the right size AND shape. I have found the best way to assure this is to simply measure the actual dimensions of the patient’s buttock cheeks. With these anatomical measurements, I can select an implant that not only significantly augments the buttock but also supplies the correct 3-dimensional enhancement to look as real as possible...even in the most petite patients. Traditionally, teardrop oval implants have a 30+% risk of rotation and thus unnaturally change the buttock shape/appearance when doing so.  However, one year ago I created and patented a new "Stanton Anatomic" shaped implant that avoids this issue AND provides as much projection as similar volume (cc's) round implants - I have not had a single rotation problem in 200+ patients. The benefit of this is the fact that ~80% of women patients have more of an oval shaped buttock cheek than round, thus creating a much more natural and harmonious buttock contour. 

Regarding hip implants, although very lean patients like yourself seek and would benefit most from hip implants it is beneficial if the patient has at least an inch thick fat pad in the hip area to start with.  Unlike the buttock, there is no reasonable muscle in hip area to place the implants under, therefore, some natural fat padding in this area is very helpful in concealing the implant.  

The only way for you to know what implant works best is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in this procedure and have him/her take your measurements before selecting an implant and proceeding with surgery. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Buttock augmentation

The best way to know which implant Is best for you is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that specializes in buttock augmentation procedures.  You're tall and thin so the implant may need to be placed intramuscularly.  In my experience and from what I have seen hip implants rarely look natural.  I don't perform hip implants because I don't like the way they look.