How many injection visits for voluma? What is the amount in each syringe?

How many injection visits do I need to get the full lasting effects of voluma? Can I go get injected once and be done for 2 years? Also, do the syringes vary in size? Or is there a standard amount I each syringe? Thank you

Amount of Voluma

Thank you for your excellent question.  Voluma is a great product.  The amount of Voluma recommended depends on the degree of age-related volume loss present and your individual goals and expectations.  Full correction can generally be accomplished in one visit, but the process is sometimes separated into several planned visits, depending on the patient.  Each syringe of Voluma is 1 cc and results can last for up to 2 years.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Voluma and volume to achieve full correction

Every patient is different and requires their own amount of fillers to achieve full correction. Generally 2 to 3 syringes are necessary and depending on volume loss may require a little more. Voluma can last one to two years depending on the amount of Voluma injected. Please consult a specialist for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Voluma

Hello, and thanks for your question. Voluma is a great product. You can have as much or as little Voluma injected (up to a point) in a session, depending on your needs, budget, etc. Syringes are all 1 cc. In terms of duration it depends on the patient, amount used, and other variables, but typically will last for 1-2 years. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

How many injection visits for Voluma? What is the amount in each syringe?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Voluma's effects are more dependent on the amount of filler placed rather than the number of injection visits.  If you obtain the results that you are interested in with a single session you may not require any additional filler for a 1.5-2 years, though you will see gradual diminishment of your results.  After an initial correction most patients benefit from a smaller touch-up every 6-8 months to maintain results.  Voluma syringes are all 1.0cc in size and do not vary.  Hope this helps.

Voluma

The amount of Voluma needed is going to depend on your individual issues. My best advise would be for you to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be assessed in person. The good news with Voluma in particular is that the results are long lasting, about 2 years. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

How much Voluma should I get?

Hi,

It is  important to assess each patient and discuss with your doctor which areas you want to improve and get a realistic idea of where you want to improve.  Each syringe of voluma holds one cc.  I usually have patients give me an idea of what improvement they would like and I let them guide me in the mirror until they get the result they want.  It is much easier to work up slowly to your desired result than to dissolve extra.  Also, it looks much more natural.

Warmly,

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

How many visits for Voluma? Amount in Voluma syringe?

Thank you for your question. There is 1cc in each syringe of Voluma. The amount of Voluma needed depends on the amount of volume loss, the look you desire, etc. Desired results can be achieved within one visit. However, if you were my patient I would have you return two weeks after injection to detemine if any areas needs to be touched up. The longevity of Voluma is impressive. I find it lasts 1-2 years for the majority of patients. I recommend you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Voluma

Thank you for your question MrsTran. Voluma is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. Voluma comes in 1 cc syringes. The pivotal studies demonstrated that with 4-6 syringes patients can enjoy their results for up to 2 years. For my patients I start with 2 syringes, one per side. This is a conservative start. Patients return 2 weeks later to assess the results. At that time more filler can be added if desired. In my experience I have  found that when one starts with 2 syringes (one per side), one enjoys the results for about 12 months. If more is added the results are enjoyed for a longer period. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Voluma

Thank you for your question. The amount of Voluma required depends on your needs, age, and goals. Voluma injections are made in the surgeon's office and the procedure takes only about 15 to 20 minutes. Voluma last about 24 months. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

How many visits and how many syringes (each 1ml = 1 cc) of Voluma you need must be determined during your consultation with your physician.  It will depend on the amount of volume you need replenished (do you need volume throughout the face or just focally? are you also going to be getting other fillers?), how quickly you want to get improvement (for example do you have a wedding or reunion coming up?), are you planning any other procedures that may reduce the amount of filler you need (tightening devices like ulthera or thermage) and how conservative you are both cosmetically and financially.  I tell my patients that we can achieve the same results in 1 or 2 visits - with more product at once -- or 1 or 2 years -- with more visits each with less product.  However you decide to proceed, it is unrealistic to think you will not return for two years.  Although Voluma got the FDA indication saying it can last up to 2 years, 1) in the study, many patients got touch ups; 2) you continue to age and change over that time; and 3) the product gradually disappears - not all at once. Conversely, these long lasting products do stimulate collagen as they disappear.  Once you get to your optimal improvement, you should be able to maintain your results with a return visit to your physician in 9 - 12 months for a touch up -- generally less than half of what you needed previously.  If you wait a full two years, you will need more at that time.  Alternatively, you can visit your physician every 3 - 6 months to gradually build your results.I hope this answer was helpful. Best wishes.

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD