When getting a tummy tuck lipo and BBL, is it too risky to get a breast lift with implants at the same time?

I'm 46 and healthy

Multiple procedures carry extra risk

There have been studies both stating additional procedures with abdominoplasty carry increased risk and studies that have stated not.
It makes sense that it does. We do know the length of the procedure does increase risk and an abdominoplasty, liposuction, fat grafting and a lift with implants would be anywhere from 5 to 8 hours. Five hours and longer does increase risk.
In addition, the risk of hospitalization, blood clots, and a much longer recovery time with both. Common sense tells us with an abdominoplasty you have your chest and arms to help. With  a breast lift and implants you have your legs and abdomen to help. With all of them, you might not move very well.
I would not recommend doing all of them at once. The minor cost savings might be undone by hospitalization. Most patients I have talked to that did that much regretted it.
If it is absolutely essential to do all of that in one time period. I would recommend the breast surgery first, and the abdominoplasty a week later if doing well.

Four procedures at once

My opinion:
Abdominolplasty, liposuction, BBL, Implants, and lift are too much to do at once.
Cosmetic surgery is still surgery, and the research show that the more procedures done at once, especially when involving Tummy Tuck, the higher the rate of dangerous complications. If you were my family I would advise you to err on the side of safety. No financial incentive of combined procedures is worth the real risk of blood clots and other serious complications.
Not to mention the recovery from all these things done at once.
Each of these procedure, as well, should be done meticulously, and to try to do so many things at once is going to lead to cut corners. I say hold off. Split up the procedures. There is no rush or deal worth your safety.
Good Luck!
Dr. Subbio

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Surgical risk is so multi-factorial in nature that it is difficult to make an assessment without a formal consultation. That is a lot of surgery but, in the right hands and with the right surgeon, it is possible to do so safely. I recommend having a detailed discussion with your surgeon and, if appropriate, getting medical clearance from your PCP or a cardiologist. Good luck!

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. If you are healthy, it is not uncommon to perform these procedures at the same time. This would allow for a single procedure in addition to reducing costs as well. The details of these questions can certainly be answered with a consultation which, should be with a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in these matters. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Generally speaking, well planned multiple  procedures are safe. However, what you are considering may take too long and be too shocking to your system. Recovery from multiple procedures is relatively rough. You must have an excellent support system at home to help you through the discomfort, daily activities and often psychological trauma associated with these type of procedures. I would strongly suggest you reconsider and plan them according to regions.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for Breast lift with implants+ Tummy Tuck +Lipo+ BBL at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Is it risky to do breast surgery with TT and BBL?

This is commonly called a mommy makeover, and very frequently performed together. My big requirements are that the patient is healthy enough to tolerate a longer surgery, and 7 hours max.  Any more than 7 hours is best staged.  The anesthesia and recovery is just too much in my opinion.  In 7 hours, I am able to do a BL-BA, TT, full body lipo with BBL.

Definitely make an in-person consultation with a ABPS board certified PS to evaluate you and discuss your options.
Hope that helps and best wishes!
Dr. Morales
ABPS Board Certified
Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Combining cosmetic plastic surgery procedures is not uncommon. Whether you are a reasonable candidate for those procedures depends on your anatomy, your medical history, realistic expectations of the outcome and an understanding of the pros and cons of the various procedures.

Safety should always be the main concern. It is generally recommended that the length of elective surgery be less than six hours. The procedures should be performed in an ambulatory facility that is accredited by one of the national organizations like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) or in a licensed hospital. Many surgeons would recommend an overnight stay at an appropriate facility where you can be appropriately monitored. Most patients prefer undergoing one anesthesia and one recovery period which is usually more cost effective.

Keep in mind that following the advice of any surgeon on this or any other web site who proposes to tell you what to do without: examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, and taking a full medical history, as well as discussing the pros and cons of each operative option would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by The American Board of
Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with, and discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. That way, you can have a better idea what is safe and makes the most sense for you.

Before proceeding with a combination of these procedures, you should have medical clearance from your primary care physician and a discussion between him or her and your plastic surgeon.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures!

The combination of procedures that you're considering is among the most common I perform. No, it is not too much surgery if certain steps are taken to prevent complications. The biggest concern I have and that we try to prevent is a blood clot from diminished activity. You may need blood thinners or simply move around every 2 hours while awake. I would consider having you get a medical clearance from your personal physician before surgery to assess the best way to prevent complication from occurring. Good luck!

Scott W. Harris, MD, FACS

Thank you for the question. Generally speaking, the combination surgical procedures you are considering are done routinely. However, you are wise in being concerned about the safety of combination surgery; risks/possible complications do increase with increased length of surgery…

It is best to evaluate each patient's suitability for combination surgery on an individualized basis. During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the SAFETY of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance. Plastic surgeon, anesthesia provider, duration of surgery, surgery facility all important considerations.
Your best bet: choose your plastic surgeon very carefully; everything else including good judgment/advice/planning, anesthesia provider and safe surgery facility will follow. Always keep priorities (safety, avoidance of complications, and quality of outcome) in mind as you make your decisions.  You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. You will find a separate page, on the same website, dedicated to breast augmentation/lifting surgery concerns. Best wishes.