Do I have tuberous breast and if so will a BA alone fix this? (photos)

I have BA scheduled in 2 weeks but I believe I may have a form of tuberous breasts or herniated aerolas. My nipples are puffy and I hate them except when erect. my BDW measures 12.8 cm and I opted for Submuscular mentor moderate plus profile 375 cc silicone implant through a inframammary incision. My PS suggested that I have underdeveloped breasts.Do you think I will get the results I desire with implant alone or will my nipples have to be cut down to achieve the look I have always dreamed of.

Do I have tuberous breasts?

You do not appear to have tuberous breasts.  The nipple areolar complexes are a bit puffy, but this is a normal variant that does not require surgical treatment.  The final look from breast augmentation is not completely predictable.  It depends in large part to how your body heals the implants in place, the size and shape of your native breasts

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

No deformity of breast

From the photos it does not appear that you have any kind of breast deformity and an augmentation should give you a very attractive result. Your nipples do have some "puffiness" or projection but not beyond what would be considered normal. I think you will be thrilled with your augmentation.

Elizabeth A. Kinsley, MD
Covington Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Although it's impossible to predict the final outcome of a breast augmentation, based on your photos, you look to be an ideal candidate. Your breasts don't appear tuberous and though the nipples are puffy, they're not abnormal. I think you are going to be happy with your results. 

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Do I have tuberous breast and if so will a BA alone fix this?

Hi... thank you for the question and photos, you do not have tuberous breast, you have normal small breast, i suggest you a breast augmentation surgery to improve this. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Will a BA alone fix this.

Your breast is perfectly normal and not tuberous. You should do very well with breast augmentation alone. Your nipple will enlarge slightly with the pressure of the implant and should look well. Without a defined breast fold you might consider a trans-axillary approach to keep the scar off of the breast.

Do I have tuberous breasts?

No you don't have tuberous breasts. I believe you will have a great result with just breast augmentation.Even the puffiness of your areolae may look better when they stretch out a little bit by the underlying implants .

Sumanth Pagadala, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Puffy nipples but not tuberous

You have puffy areolas (tanner stage 4) are a normal variant but do not have tuberous breasts. Since your breasts are perky without laxity you will not have the appearance of your wish list photo. In my experience your arerolas will become even more puffy or protuberant during the 3 month healing phase, but silicone breast feeding covers or pasties can conceal them. Many patients areolas will stretch and flatten, but if yours remain protuberant a circumareolar incision can be made to flatten them. Discuss with a breast expert.

Tuberous?

I agree with the other opinions you have gotten about not appearing to have tuberous breasts.  However, from the picture you provided of your desired result, I would think you may want to opt for a high profile implant that fits your base width, rather than the moderate plus.  You should discuss with with your surgeon to make sure the implant you have selected will meet your goals.

Tuberous breasts

Nurse13,

Thank you for the question and the pictures.
You do NOT appear to have a tuberous or constricted breast. Some variation in size or symmetry of the breasts is more common than not. As others have noted, you can expect a very nice result. You are concerned about the one puffy nipple, but I can assure you that that is not abnormal and I would not recommend doing anything about it. Its just part of who you are.

Best wishes on your surgery. I'm sure you will love the results!!

Michael Morrissey, MD

Puffy nipplesIn going

From the photos you have included your breasts look fairly normal to me. If you were my patient, and you are concerned about the puffiness in the sub areolar location, I would probably start with a peri-areolar incision rather than an inframammary crease incision. That way, should we decide later to set the puffiness back,  the change from a peri-areolar to a circumareolar incision would not be that difficult. A doughnut type take out of skin and stretching of a smaller inside areola to a larger outside circle would simulate the flatness that you see when your nipples are stimulated. Good luck and congratulations on your decision to have breast augmentation.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS