My surgical bra is driving me nuts! Looks and feels awful.

Going to Vegas also in a week & th bras look awful! What could or should I do. Help..hate it. PS Said 24/7

Breast augmentation post op care

Thank you for your question.  When it comes to questions relate to your recovery experience and post operative care, it is always best to discuss them with your operating surgeon as they will be able to best advise you.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and see if they have any alternatives for your to consider.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Talk to your surgeon

Surgical bras are important post operatively after breast augmentation. How long you should wear them is base on your surgeon's experience.  For my patients, I see no reason why you have to wear them when you are "going out" if you are a few weeks out of surgery.Call your surgeon and ask.Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Follow your plastic surgeon’s recommendation.

Your plastic surgeon is the expert who knows your anatomy best, performed your procedure and likely has years of experience with breast augmentation post-op care. The use of a surgical bra isn’t something plastic surgeons agree on. Some surgeons recommend them; some don’t. Based on their expertise, your plastic surgeon has recommended that you wear the surgical bra 24/7 because they feel this ensures the best results. You may want to talk with your plastic surgeon about their rationale and see if taking a break while you’re traveling is OK.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon