Am I able to get rid of loose skin in the center of my stomach and diastasis recti? (photos)

I have one child I am very thin 113 pounds I have loose skin in the center of my tummy which causes some sagging. Along with the sagging I have diastasis recti which is very visible.I also had a hernia which I got fixed but it left a keloid under my naval. I am wondering if there is anything to help improve the overall look of my tummy. One doctor explained that I would not be a good canidate for a tummy tuck since I am so thin.

Options for abdominal contouring

Hi, Renee
It is difficult to assess your skin laxity without direct examination.
Given your diastasic recti, you could have mini-TT with "floating belly button" or full tummy tuck.  If you do not have much skin laxity, you may require vertical incision as well as low abdominal incision.
Please consult an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon.
Best regards.

Tummy tuck

A tummy tuck is really the only option for tightening the loose skin and fixing the diastasis recti. Schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) who can assess you in person and discuss options. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Tummy Tuck

Hi, thanks for your inquiry and for your picture. I would say that you would have a very good result after a tummy tuck, and your diastasis recti would also be repaired. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin

A tummy tuck will get rid of the loose skin and repair the diastasis. There is no magical creams or lasers that can do that.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Am I able to get rid of loose skin in the center of my stomach and diastasis recti?

Your diastasis and hernia can be repaired during a tummy tuck. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

TT

Thank you for your question and from the photos without an examination, your diastasis can be repaired and an abdominoplasty performed but again an examination is required so see more experts in the area.  The fact you are thin is not a contraindication for surgery if you have laxity

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Tummy tuck

The diastasis and hernia area is best repaired with a tummy tuck. You don't have a lot of extra skin and the incision may be high to accommodate.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Tummy Tuck

You actually are a great candidate for a tummy tuck. You need to be aware that you will still have some stretch marks but the majority of the loose skin can be removed and the diastasis can be repaired.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Stretchy skin

Despite your weight it does appear that you have loose skin and loose abdominal muscles. The only real way to correct that is with either a full or modified abfominoplasty. I would seek a few opinions in regards to surgery, but it is important to fix the muscles at the time otherwise you will still bulge afterwards regardless of what happens with the skin 
good luck 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Need a tummy tuck

From your photos and description of your desires, I believe the tummy tuck would be in your best interest. A tummy tuck in my mind consist of three components: one is the extra skin removal, 2 is the removal of the extra fat between the muscle and skin and 3 is the muscle tightening where has been separated by weight gain or pregnancy. You certainly have two of the three components lacking only extra fat. In my mind this makes the tummy tuck easier. I recommend you seek the counsel of a board-certified plastic surgeon in your location for another opinion. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS