Lip Fat Grafting- What is the cost and can you fly right after? (photo)

Hello! I'm wanting to fat graft my lips. I'm aware of the risks involved. I would be wanting to not remember the experience (anesthesia or something.) What price range am I looking at (I don't need an exact number- a range is fine.) and can I fly immediately after? Thanks everyone for reading this and commenting (if the question is dumb please understand I'm not a doctor- I'm prone to asking silly things.)

Fat grafting for lips

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

I would advice you against fat grafting for your lips. You have beautiful lips. unfortunately fat grafting is unreliable and may grow bigger if you gain weight.

Usual recovery should be fast, allowing you to fly in 24-48 hrs.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Lip Fat Grafting- What is the cost and can you fly right after?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question and photograph.  As you are interested in fat grafting performed under anesthesia I would recommend waiting for several days to ensure you have an uncomplicated recovery and your body metabolizes the anesthesia without difficulty - prolonged nausea, vomiting, dizziness, etc.  It would also allow your body time to resolve some of the lip swelling prone during a fat grafting procedure.  Costs will range by the country so it would be best to see a series of surgeons in consultation to obtain the best idea, but anticipate between 2-5K  Hope this helps.

Planning lip fat grafting

Thank you for asking about your lip fat grafting.

• If you have general anesthesia or local with sedation, you cannot leave town for 24 hours.
  • If you have local anesthesia, you can leave immediately.
  • It is best to have someone go with you if possible but not essential/
  • The cost will depend on what kind of anesthesia you have - 
  • General anesthesia or iv sedation usually will add $1000 or more to the cost.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS