Can the inframammary crease of a natural breast be raised along with the areola and tissue mound lift? (photos)

Is armpit tissue removed?

Not only has the breast mound descended in my 60 years but the inframammary fold has always set low on my chest. I would like to raise the fold and I would like the areola to be raised 11/2 to 2 inches and the breast mound repositioned so the fullest part is midway between my shoulder and arm fold. I do not have actual ptosis. I tend to form nice, narrow scars. Also, is the fat/breast tissue that extends to the armpit more easily removed during breast lift or during an arm lift?

Changing the breast crease.

The crease (inframammary crease) can be raised in some situations as part of a breast lift. The fatty tissue extending from breast to armpit would be addressed with liposuction in most cases, and can be done at the time of a breast lift. It can be done in addition to an arm lift but is not part of an armlift. A board-certified plastic surgeon would best be able to evaluate you to discuss your options. Best of luck!

Can the inframammary crease of a natural breast be raised along with the areola and tissue mound lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Raising the IMF fold

In  general  the IMF fold cannot be raised as it is a fixed landmark attached by fascia  or deep tissue layers.  Your Areola could be raised slightly. This would be accomplished by an augmentation, and then if you wish further lift a periareolar skin removal could be done  Liposuction  of the armpit and chest  fat pad could be done at the same time to give you a better definition 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

The inframammary crease does not move much with a breast lift, only the amount of tissue above versus below the fold changes. Looking at your pictures, you have very little sagging. As another option to doing the breast augmentation and lift simultaneously, I might suggest that you have the augmentation done to enlarge the breast first combined with liposuction to remove the axillary breast tissue rolls. The lower pole of your breast will stretch some making your nipple position seem higher on the breast mound by 3 months post surgery. A nipple elevating procedure can be done at that point if necessaryy

The base of your breast cannot be moved, but the inframammary fold might be raise somewhat in certain breasts. The excess axillary fatty tissue can be removed with possible liposuction. The lower nipple could be raised to match the opposite side. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon