Two different implant incisions?

5 days after BA(silicone)/mastopexy. Doc placed 375cc In left/450 in right. Lollipop incisions on both from lift, but only left has incision in fold from implant. Im petite and One of my initial requests was that scars not show in a bathing suit. Could the size of the right implant be the reason he placed it using the lift incision? Why would he not have done both that way?

Two different implant incisions?

I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs!

Two different scars

Typically this is done to make the distance from the nipple to the fold equal in breasts that start out with asymmetry of that distance. Your surgeon can answer that. A horizontal incision should not show while wearing a bathing suit.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Two different implant incisions.

When breast augmentation is combined with a breast lift, asymmetry might be present in the breast envelope as well as in the volume of the breast affecting the lift pattern. The best way to know why things are as they are is to discuss your result with your surgeon.

Asymmetry of breasts

Based on your question and description, your surgeon placed different sized implants and performed different degrees of lifting.  The side with the smaller implant (Left 375), must have had more preoperative breast tissue than the right side (Right 450) which required a larger implant to create ideal symmetry.  
A breast lift is designed to restore ideal breast shape by relocation of the nipple/areola to its ideal location on the breast mound, and removal of skin to tighten the "skin envelop or skin brassiere" to restore its ideal shape.  In general, placement of larger implants requires less skin excision, and conversely, smaller implants usually require more skin excision.  In your case, it is likely additional skin was required to be removed at the inframammary crease, hence the additional incision you describe on the left breast.
Proper postoperative attention to the incisions, will likely allow fading of the scars and achieve the goal of the scars not showing in your bathing suit.
Good luck with your recovery!

Daniel M. Calloway, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Different incisions

It is not uncommon with breast asymmetry and breast lifts, that not only dissimilar size implants will be placed but more skin would be taken out of the breast that is lower. With a vertical technique, sometimes you run out of room taking the skin out side to side and the extra needs to be taken out at the bottom as a horizontal wedge leaving a transverse scar above the crease. No big deal, in my opinion, I have to do this not infrequently. Follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Two different implant incisions?

Unfortunately, from your description alone, it is difficult to say why your surgeon chose the incisions that he/she did.  I'm certain your surgeon will be happy to explain why your incisions are located where they are.  Don't hesitate to discuss this concern with him or her.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Incisions

Without seeing before and after pictures it is impossible to say why the incisions are placed where they are.  It could be that the 2 breast were different to begin with and more work was needed on one over the other.  Your surgeon will be able to answer your questions.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD