I want to fix my droopy, asymmetrical eyelids. Is surgery my only option? (Photo)

I'd like to know what all of my options are for correcting my droopy eyelids. Also, what, specifically, is making them droop? If I decide on surgery, is there computer technology available to show me what my eyes will look like afterward?

You have options...

A blepharoplasty alone may tether the eyebrows to a lower position. Take a look in the mirror and gently lift the medial and lateral brow - see what this does to the lid fold. I would recommend a brow lift, probably without a blepharoplasty... Just another opinion. To sort out the best options for you, see an oculoplastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Correction Options for Droopy Eyelids

Many patients experience drooping eyelids due to a combination of sequences including skin thinning, loss of eyelid volume/elasticity, and heredity. For your situation, the optimal permanent solution would be eyelid surgery, known as Blepharoplasty. Botox can also be utilized to achieve a subtle lift, however this treatment is not permanent and may not provide the optimal effect. To sort out the best options for you, a consultation with a board-certified oculoplastic surgeon would definitely be in order.

Sam Rizk, MD

Blepharoplasty

Blepharoplasty is the best option for reducing the amount of extra skin the face causing the eyes to look droopy especially on the right side.  Computer imaging can give you some idea but you can never rely on that as the results may not match what a computer will show you.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

I want to fix my droopy, asymmetrical eyelids. Is surgery my only option?

Upper blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) with skin removal would be the longest lasting solution and should look great. Synthetic fillers such as Restylane could also be used to restore volume of the area beneath the eyebrows and help to rejuvenate that area. The droop is due to a combination of skin thinning and loss of elasticity, volume loss, and heredity. 

Hope that helps and best of luck! 

-Dr. Donath

Alexander Donath, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may has a slight eyebrow asymmetry contributing to it. Botox on one side plus a laser may help, but not likely to be a good long term result. A surgery is likely the best option. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Eyelid Surgery?

Thank you for your question and photo! You would benefit from an upper eyelid surgery!  I advise you to seek a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consultation!  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon

Chicago 

Hoffman Estates

Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

surgical blepharoplasty candidate

From the one limited photograph, it appears that the eyebrows are asymmetric which is causing asymmetry of the upper eyelids. The lower eyebrow has more hooding over that eyelash. A blepharoplasty procedure can accomplish making the eyelids look more symmetrical with a differing amount of skin removal to make them look more symmetrical. The eyebrows will still be asymmetrical.

Upper Eyelid Surgery

You have excess skin on your upper eyelids (R more than L).  You look to be a good candidate for upper eyelid surgery.  You want to try a little botox to elevate your right brow.  I have sometimes seen this elevate the brow a touch and reduce the extra skin in the upper lid - not a long term fix - but may give you a subtle correction to the problem that is concerning you.  

Asymmetry

You are a perfect candidate for a right upper lid blepharoplasty. This can be done in the office in less than 10 minutes.  The only down side would be bruising for 7- 10 days.  If you are not ready for surgery, you could try Botox to elevate the right brow and lift the excess skin.  The down side to this is that it would have to be repeated and when you add up the cost it better to do surgery.  The surgery will fix it for good.  A q tip can be used to roll the excess skin to give you a sense of the results. You will love the results! I hope this helps and best of luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

What's the treatment for my eyelids?

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. You have dermatochalasis (extra skin hood the eyes) which can only be corrected with surgery. This is caused mostly by aging and genetic predisposition. See an experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon for comprehensive evaluation and treatment.  Good luck,