Do I have cause for concern? (Photos)

I am only 11 days post-op so I know it's early. I was not specific about size with my PS, I chose to trust his judgement. He used 450cc over muscle. I expected my nipples to be cut around and repositioned but they seem intact. I am worried that now I have a bigger problem which is still saggy boobs but now they're BIG saggy boobs. My left nipple is still pointning outwards and they still seem down. Will they droop even more as they settle or can I hope for improvement over the next few months?

10 Days Post-Op Positioning

HEALING AFTER BREAST SURGERY, AUGMENTATION:

1.    pain is variable

2.    it takes 2-3 months for implants to settle and muscles to relax

3.    celebrex, motrin, and muscle relaxers can help

4.    massage and stretching may help

5.    everyone heals differently

6.    4-7 days off from work is common

Given the fact that it is only 10 days into your healing process there is more time to be allowed for complete settling of your implants. However, if you are concerned or worried at all you should visit your surgeon to have the area examined to make sure that healing is progressing well. Good luck.

Do I have cause for concern

You have cause for concern if you paid for and expected a breast lift to be performed. It appears that you had implants placed which is causing more sag to the breast due to the weight. What you are seeing at this point is not going to change much from your final result. The nipples will not move up without going back and having a lift performed. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Nothing replaces communication

Somehow, you and your plastic surgeons ended up on different pages. You seem to have had a subglandular breast augmentation but expected a lift. I would have a sincere conversation with your surgeon. Misunderstandings can occur, and your situation can be improved, but for now, make sure that your doctor and you have the same plan in mind. Best of luck!

Peter D. Geldner, MD

Cause for concern?

it seems like you expected to have a lift with your breast augmentation and that was not done. You need to go back and check your records and receipt to see if that was indeed discussed, consented for and paid for. While I think your implants will drop a bit, it will not lift your nipples into position. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Do I have cause for concern?

Thank you for your question. Yes your concerns are justified. Please talk to your surgeon and express your concerns.

Yes, your concerns are justified.

From your photos, it appears you would have benefitted from a breast lift with or without an implant. It's hard to imagine how your operation ended up so different from either your expectations or your understanding.

At this point I would discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. If you remain dissatisfied, I would seek a second opinion from an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.Unfortunately, it appears that revision surgery is likely to be required.

Best of luck to you.

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Do I have cause for concern?

It seems like you were expecting a breast lift and augmentation but had an augmentation only. Did you discuss this with your surgeon before surgery?

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Do I have cause for concern?

Your concerns are certainly understandable; based on your description, it sounds like a breast lift was discussed prior to surgery. Based on your photographs however, a breast lift was not performed.  Frankly, I would share your concerns about the now larger version of ptotic breasts.

Only your plastic surgeon will be in a good position to address your concerns more specifically. Best wishes.