What can I do? I asked for a full tummy tuck and got a mini with a full scar and bad results?

I have waited 16 years to finally look normal. My broken muscles started above my belly button and I had a Ton Of loose skin. My doctor said I only needed a mini. I have a full length scar and am so unhappy with the results. I can't even tell I had anything done! I have dog ears as well. The skin hangs over my bb I have so much loose skin still, My doc keeps saying it's fine and I look ok standing up and that's all that matters. I cry all the time about this, I've already spent so much money!

Sad with results of TT

Hi Mommy

First, my heart goes out to you, and I am so sorry that you are so disappointed.

My best advice to you is to go back to that doctor and have a heartfelt discussion with him.  The benchmark of a good (not even great) tummy tuck result is not that it looks "OK" standing up.  The aesthetic result should look great regardless of body position, AND you must be happy with the result.  The results must meet the goals that you both agree to before surgery.

I wish you the very best.

Concerned results after TT

Thank you for your question. Without seeing pictures I can not comment. Please work with your PS and if you are not comfortable please take a second opinion.

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question. It is important to attach some before and after photos to your question so that we can evaluate and answer your question better.Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD