5'9" 165 lbs, average to wide chest. Lift with augmentation, moderate, round, under the muscle, 275cc

I'm 3 weeks post op. Although I love my new breasts I was expecting more upper pole fullness. I know I'm very early on in my post op recover but they are sitting pretty low. What would need to be done to get these results and a round about cost? Paying almost $10,000 I want them to be perfect. Thanks!!

3 weeks post op after lift with implants

Thank you for your question.  In general, wait at least 3 months after surgery before getting a better idea of what your result is going to look like.  At the same time, discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Ultimately, if you are not satisfied with your result, the option for implant revision surgery is usually available.  Good luck.

Uneven breast

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. Patience is one of the most important factors in achieving the best results in cosmetic surgery. We all want to see the final result as early as possible. Unfortunately, the healing process is complicated and takes time. The surest way to get a poor result is to undergo revision surgery before your body is ready for additional surgery.

Breast augmentations take about six months for the swelling to go down and the breasts to settle and assume their final size and shape. When we do a breast enlargement, surgeons try to center the implant behind the nipple. Minor position adjustments can be accomplished to account for the normal asymmetry that most women have. If the breasts are different sizes, saline implants can be adjusted to achieve better symmetry.

Please wait until six months post op and then return to your original surgeon. Minor asymmetry is normal. Too vigorous surgical approaches may result in more expense, more scarring, and new complications.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast fullness

Thank you for your question. You are very early after surgery so your breasts will change from what you are seeing now. Sometimes the implants are initially flattened by a strong pectoralis muscle but as the muscle relaxes, the implant settles and the breast rounds out.

However, based on numbers alone, you had a very small implant placed for someone as tall as you are. I would guess that in order to achieve the results that you desire, you will need a larger breast implant. To achieve more upper pole fullness, I would recommend that you not only get a larger implant but you change to a moderate plus or high profile breast implant. 

Again, you are very early after surgery - too early to consider revision. I would wait at least 3-6 months before considering revision as there is so much change in the initial period. If you are still unhappy at that point, then discuss this with your plastic surgeon. 

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon