I am having mommy makeover - I want to know if you think I have to have a lift. (photos)

Is a Lift needed or will 350cc or 375cc saline implants be enough to achieve very full round breast. I'm 5ft 148 lbs

Considering a breast lift with implants in Melbourne, FL.

Regarding your question about a breast lift with the implants you are considering, it may be helpful to understand that breast implants simply make the breasts larger, not necessarily higher.  If you want the breasts to be higher or the nipples to be higher, then you may in fact need a breast lift.  Remember that placing larger implants does not make the breasts higher, in fact, it adds weight and can make the breasts lower due to the added weight.  I hope this information is helpful to you.  Best of luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Do you need a lift

From your photograph is that you probably do need a lift. The only way to understand for sure what your options are is to have a good examination and discussion with your plastic surgeon. Sometimes patients can get away with just implants, but their expectations have to be very different if they are somewhat droopy and a lift should be considered.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift or implants only?

Thank you for including photographs!  In order to achieve the result you desire, you will need a breast lift in addition to implants.  The implants will provide the overall volume and the upper pole fullness/cleavage, but will not be able to re-position the nipple to a more elevated position.  In general, the strategy of attempting to avoid a lift by placing excessively large implants is not advisable.  It is likely that your lift could be performed with minimization of the incisions.  Best wishes for a beautiful result you love!

Breast Lift or Implants with Mommy Makeover

The intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis). However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.
Additionally, an implant with lift may be useful to re-position the nipples which may have been affected by ptosis or drooping.
Your Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape and size of the implants to be used. Shaped implants are all textured and should not rotate when used properly. In my practice, about 20% of the patients benefit from shaped implants.

Breast augmentation with/without lift

Based on the photos you provided, you will most likely need a lift to achieve the look you desire.  The lift will bring the nipple position higher and the implants will provide the fullness.  Discuss your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and further advise you.

Camille Cash, MD

Thank you. From the photos of your desired result, I would say that you will require a breast lift. However until your PS has examined you, it is difficult to tell clearly from your preoperative photos. All the best.

Jake Lim, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

I am having mommy makeover - I want to know if you think I have to have a lift.

Based on all photos provided photographs, it is likely that breast lifting will be necessary to raise your nipple/areola complexes on each breast mound. Keep in mind, that nothing will replace in-person evaluation ( frontal and side views) and careful measurements when it comes to providing you with an accurate diagnosis and treatment recommendations. Best wishes.

I am having mommy makeover - I want to know if you think I have to have a lif

Your nipples are not centrally located on your breast mound. Although the implant will make you larger and more round, it will not reposition the nipple so you need to accept that or get a small lift to reposition the nipple properly

Julio Garcia, MD

Mommy make-over - do I need a breast lift?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift.
  • You look as though to get as near as possible to your wish look, you will need a breast lift.
  • If you do not have a lift, have a round implant placed over the muscle.
  • Be sure you understand how your surgeon does breast lifts and the risks of combining lifts with implants.
  • Ask your surgeon to explain what expecations are reasonable -
  • Your body is quite different from your wish look model and that look will be hard to achieve but you should have a very nice  result.
    Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. From your photos, it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon