Will my hips (for example) be uneven after fat is taken?

During a fat transfer to the face, is fat taken in even amounts from both sides of the body? Or will I have a dent on one hip fat was removed from?

Fat transfer to face

I will try to make sure that I take it evenly from wherever I remove it from. I will often start in the lower abdomen. Often the amount needed is not like when one is performing a BBl. I may harvest 50-100 cc's of fat and that is it for the face.

Fat donor site flaws

The amount of fat that is removed from the abdomen or the hips is not usually significant enough to cause any visible depression. However, if the needed volume is significant we harvest the fat evenly and from several sites to minimize any noticeable flaws.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer Donor Sites

For fat transfer procedures, the donor sites will be contoured in a symmetric fashion. You can discuss with your surgeon your preferred donor areas, but typically if you were planning on taking extra fat from the hip area, both hips would be contoured for a symmetric end result. 

Ashley B. Robey, MD