Can I fix my breasts? (photos)

I'm 23 and I hate my breasts I don't even like to look at them. My ex told me how ugly they were after we broke up and I haven't been able to show them to any one else since. Can they be fixed and is there a way I could make payments to get implants?

They're really not broken

Dear Daisy,
It is unfortunate that some scorned individuals feel the need to inflict emotional trauma on former loved ones under the influence of anger.  There are millions and millions of different breast sizes, forms and shapes.  Yours certainly are well within the range of "normal."  However, rest assured that breast shape, size and form can be enhanced and improved if you choose to do so.  Consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon can help to define your goals and options.  Good luck!

Enlarged Areola

If you like the size of your breasts, you could improve the symmetry by an areolar reduction on the left side. If you were thinking you would like to enhance the volume, an implant-based breast augmentation would be a nice option as well. Of course, they could also be done at the same time. 

With regards to your ex - he was obviously just trying to think of something hurtful to say. In the world of symmetric breasts, you are still doing fairly well. 

Best of luck.

Ashley B. Robey, MD

Yes, you can be improved

First of all, the best thing you could have done was get rid of that old boyfriend!  That is NOT forever material.  As for your breasts, yes you can be improved, but don't let them define you.  By using a relatively small breast implant and a lift called a "periareolar lift," you can add some volume and reduce the size of the areolae to give you a better balance.  Find a surgeon who is an ASAPS or ASPS member near you and go for a consult.  Those memberships will ensure that they are an ACTUAL plastic surgeon and not just a "cosmetic surgeon."  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

All Breasts can be better!

I am sorry your ex was so mean!  That's horrible!

First, your breasts don't need to be "fixed" they are fine!  Many women have breasts similar to yours - I see them everyday.  You have was is called a herniated nipple/areola.  If that is the only part you want better, the solution is simple - an incision around the areola would fix them.   You could even do it awake!! (only if you wanted to).

If you wanted fuller breasts at the same time that is not a problem either!

Can I fix my breasts?

Thank you for your questions.  Although an examination and full consultation are required to render an accurate opinion and recommendations, it appears that you would get a great result with a breast augmentation with a circumareola mastopexy to reduce and flatten your areolas.  To be sure, consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss you options.  There are different financing options available.  CareCredit is the most common.  Best wishes!

Can I fix my breasts?

Many women are very self concsious about their breasts  - you are not alone. From your photos alone I would recommend a breast implant with areola reduction to reduce the puffiness. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Can I fix my breasts?

It is unfortunate that your ex was so unpleasant.  Your breasts are normal, but your left breast does have a puffy areola. You should get a lovely result with a breast implant and excision around your left areola to reduce the puffiness.  Overall you have a nice shape, that would be enhanced by an augmentation.

Breast augmentation

You posted a very limited view of the breasts, but just in that photo it looks like you could benefit from an augmentation and an areola reduction at least on the larger one.

Can I fix my breasts?

Thank you for your question.  Yes they're several options to improve the shape and appearance of your breasts.  Breast augmentation can improve the shape and size of your breast.  If the larger areola on the left side bothers you at the areola can be reduced.  Please see inexperience board certified plastic surgeon.

Can my breasts be fixed?

Fortunately, plastic surgeons have may options for improving the appearance of your breasts.  It is best to seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Most plastic surgeons have payment plans utilizing companies such as Care credit if needed.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon