My nose is really Big and fat. I literally hate my nose, options? (photos)

.I want a really thin and slim nose even. My nostrils are big too should i go for rhinoplasty and can closed rhinoplasty make my nose look slim too?

Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty is definitely an option if you wish to change the appearance of your nose. I don't think that the technique of closed versus open should be the primary consideration, but rather, whether you are likely to get a result that you are seeking.  

Good luck!

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty, that way they can perform a physical examination of your nose and give you the optimal results you desire. From what I can tell from your photographs, it appears your tip is enlarged and bulbous. You would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. These incisions can be made discretely on the inside of the nose if an open rhinoplasty is out of the question for you. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish narrowing the entire nose including the bridge, nostrils and tip. To narrow a wide bridge line requires osteotomies. To narrow a bulbous tip requires suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal. An alar-plasty is required to narrow wide nostrils.  For more information and many examples of closed rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose, please see the link and the video below

My nose is really Big and fat. I literally hate my nose, options?

Hello manishroy - Thanks for your question. A rhinoplasty will help improve the size and width of your nose. However, because of issues with thicker skin in South Asian patients, there are real limits to how much things can change. Thick skin envelopes limit how small you can make a nose because thick skin doesn't redrape as easily during rhinoplasty like it might in a patient of Northern European descent. I would recommend that you consult with an ethnic rhinoplasty specialist to have an exam, take pictures, and have rhinoplasty simulations performed to better understand your options. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty options for a wide nose

Yes. You are a candidate for rhinoplasty which can significantly narrow and reduce the size of your nose. Most importantly, you will require a reduction and narrowing in the base of your nose. While many surgeons perform rhinoplasty, few do it well and even fewer are knowledgeable about nasal base reduction surgery. Look carefully at the before and after results for surgeons that you meet with and make sure that they are comfortable with maneuvers that narrow the base of the nose and reduce flare of the nostrils. Personally, I would recommend an open approach as I think it results in more predictable nasal tip modification. Best.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

My nose is really Big and fat

The areas that concern you can be realistically cosmetically improved with a natural looking artistically performed  rhinoplasty.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Big nose

Thanks for the enquiry . We need better quality pictures . From the pictures what you have posted shows , your lower alar cartilages are big and nose height needs to be improved . You need to meet a good board certified plastic surgeon for a proper assessment and guidance .

Rhinoplasty questions

When the nose doesn’t create an attractive, harmonious balance with your other facial features, it can significantly impact your self-confidence. Patients may have a naturally disproportional nose, whereas others may find that trauma to the nasal structures has affected their appearance. Rhinoplasty sculpts the structures of the nose for a more symmetrical and attractive facial feature.

However, this decision must be based upon what the patient personally desires to achieve post surgery.