I have very fine smile lines in the corner of my mouth. (photos)

I went to the Doctor and was told the lines around my mouth are not deep enough for me to get a filler. Are there fillers that also work on fine lines instead of deep folds? To me the lines are very noticeable.

Fine Smile Lines

Dear sarahswiger:

Looking at your photos, I would suggest initially augmenting your cheeks with Juvederm Voluma which will indirectly soften some of these smile lines and on 2-4 week review consider directly injecting the remaining smile lines with Juvederm Volift.  I would also encourage you to be on a maintenance topical retinol which not only gives you great skin quality but also helps soften some of the fine lines.  All the best.

Fine smile lines

There are filler that work very well for fine lines. One that I recommend is Beloterro. It works very well for fine lines. I would recommend finding a reputable injector and ask them about Beloterro.

Lip smile lines

fine lines and wrinkles around the corner of the mouth can be treated with fillers and occasionally even with specific botox injections,  you do have to Consult with a master filler instructor. Someone who is either very experienced or trains others for the company selling the fillers. I know some of my Patients have found me by calling the reps for the filler companies who referred them directly to me. 

Tal Dagan, MD, FACS
New York Physician

Filler for lines around your mouth

Hi Sarah, one possible filler that can be used is Restylane Silk. We've had good success using it to fill very fine lines around the mouth. Injectable treatments are pretty much all we do, so perhaps we're more comfortable with them than some other practices.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician