Desire a very modest increase. Need help deciding between Natrelle HP & Natrelle Midrange. What is your recommendation? (photos)

My stats are 34A or 32AA after 4 kids and 5'4 124lbs 29"rib cage and BWD is 12. I only want a small increase to look restored. My Dr prefers wish pictures and recommended HP to me and I'm very worried they will look too fake and have too much Upper pole. He likes a range and decides in the OR. I am looking at Natrelle style 20 HP 230-300cc. Most recently looked at Style 15 Natrelle (midrange) 213-265cc. He is doing dual plane incision.  Thanks for your time!

Implant size

Although discussing this with your board certified Plastic surgeon is the optimal solution to your question , I would like to point out that for a mid range or a high profile implant of similar volume, the differences in their dimensions is subtle. For example, a midrange 265 cc Natrelle silicone gel implant is 11.4 cm wide and projects 3.7 cm. A high profile 260 cc Natrelle silicone gel implant is 10.4 cm wide and as 4.3cm of projection. A difference in width of only 1cm ( 3/8 inch. ) and projection or .6cm ( 1/4 inch.). I tend to use more high profile implants because my patients worry about not having enough fill of the upper pole of the breast. So, if you are more interested in the "natural " choose the midrange. I actually believe you would be happy with either. 

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant size and shape

Choosing the right size and shape implant requires an in person exam. Assuming that you like your surgeon's work and he recommended the HP, I would trust his opinion. There isn't a huge difference between your choices.
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast implants sizing

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you.

There is really no way to accurately predict what size you would like without an examination. During your examination and consultation, you should try on some sample sizes and see what you are comfortable with. This is an accurate approximation of what you would get. If in doubt, go up one size from the one you like. Then the PS can help explain with the size and current condition of your breasts the effects of those sized implants will have on you.

If you have accomplished this step, then trust your plastic surgeons advice as to what would be the best size for you. They have the experience. If you are uncomfortable, go on another consultation.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Breast Augmentation

Michael J. Brown, MD
Ashburn Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation / Breast Implant / Anatomic cohesive gel implants / Silicone Implants/ Revision Breast Augmentation

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Natrelle HP or Midrange implants for a modest increase in size

It is difficult without a photo of you to specifically recommend one type of implant.  In general, the midrange implant will produce a more subtle increase in the breast volume as opposed to the HP implant.  The HP implant is more likely to look artificial.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Size

Thank you for the photos and wish pictures and size is an individual decision based on measurements and putting implants in a bra till you see the volume on your chest that you like then your surgeon can pick the style implant that will work best for that volume.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Implant Decision

Thank you very much for your question, and for supplying your wish pictures.

Without a picture of you, it is difficult to make any recommendations (of course, an in-person consultation with accurate breast measurements is really what's needed to make a recommendation).  For a small augmentation, the mid-range implants will probably create a more natural look, as the higher profile implants can give that upper pole fullness look that you suggest may look too fake.

Another option to consider is the use of anatomic implants, which provide excellent projection, while not providing as much upper pole fullness.  You may want to talk with your doctor about that possibility.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Desire a very modest increase. Need help deciding between Natrelle HP & Natrelle Midrange. What is your recommendation

In my experience, high profile implants can make a breast kook artificial. I think the dual plane approach is fine but might suggest the lesser projection of you want a modest change

Julio Garcia, MD

Desire a very modest increase. Need help deciding between Natrelle HP & Natrelle Midrange. What is your recommendation?

Thank you for your question.  Though nothing replaces an in-person evaluation and measurement of key great parameters, in general a midrange profile implant will supply a more natural appearance to your breasts versus a high profile.  For a small augmentation the volumes appear well-suited.  Hope this helps.

Thank you for the question. Since you want a modest increase, and do not want an augmented look, I would suggest the moderate plus (mid range) implants. The high profile implants are designed to give more upper breast fulness. The volumes seem to be appropriate for a petite frame. Good luck!

Keith Hodge, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon