Would Coolsculpting for my abdomen area be beneficial for me? (photos)

I am 32 yo 218lbs measuring 44/38/46 5'6" 5 kids( set of twins) youngest is 6. Been working out 4x week o. Average, Want to accelerate the weight loss from my abdomen area will coolsculping help

CS only removes fat-tuck removes skin, fat and tightens muscles

Hi amjessica.  Your pics suggest that you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  CS will provide some shaping by removing the fat under the skin, but will not compensate for the extra skin and the looseness of your abdominal muscle wall (like a tuck will).  You will likely need at least 4 cycles and perhaps a second round 3 months later to make a noticeable difference-this can add up.  You might consider CS in areas that won't be addressed with a tuck for maximum contouring, like your flanks, if you decide to do the tuck as well.  Visit with a certified CS provider and ABPS certified PS to explore how the two can work together and what their respective costs, recovery, etc. are.  Good luck!

CoolSculpting

As long as you have pinchable fat CoolSculpting is a very good non surgical option to reduce unwanted fat. There is little to no downtime and with the new applicators, the procedure only takes 35 minutes. Best Wishes, Maurice Vick MD

Maurice M. Vick, Jr., MD
Baton Rouge Urologist

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. In office evaluation is necessary to evaluate if you are a good candidate for coolsculpting.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Depends on your goals.

Based on the photos that you have attached you need a tummy tuck.  Dont waste your time or money on other less than ideal options.  Now if you don't want surgery and cannot take the time to heal from a tummy tuck, then you may consider these non-surgical options like cool sculpting.  Cool sculpting works to reduce the bulk of fat with out surgery.  So be wise in your decision.  I would highly recommend a tummy tuck in your case. Hope this helps.

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Versus VASER Hi Def & Tummy Tuck

I recommend getting a formal consultation to evaluate what would give you the results you want. With skin laxity, you would most likely be a candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction, which would give you amazing results and can be performed at the same time. Combined with ThermiRF/ultrasound and fat grafting to help with fat removal, contouring, skin tightening and toning, VASER can sculpt and contour the body, giving you amazing results. I recommend getting a consultation with a hi-def physique expert. You may need skin removal depending on looseness.  Best, Dr. Emer

Coolsculpting for abdomen

Patients with a BMI under 30 with relatively tight skin can be treated with Coolsculpting. Patients with a BMI between 20 and 30 may be a better candidate for liposuction. Consult in person with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon who directs a Certified Coolsculpting Center to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Depends on expectations

Coolsculpting can help you loose fat in your abdominal area, however it will not tighten the skin.  Ideally you would be best suited with an abdominoplasty, but if you do not have time or want to go through with a surgical procedure coolsculpting can offer some improvement.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Treatments

Thank you for posting your photos. Coolsculpting treatments are ideal for targeting stubborn areas of fat. It appears you would benefit more from liposuction and tummy tuck. Continuing to work out 4 times a week will definitely help reduce the amount of fat in your abdomen, however the excess skin will likely remain an issue. It would be best to have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to discuss your options.   Good luck!

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting does not tighten skin

Unfortunately in this situation CoolSculpting is not indicated.  There is too much loose skin and the Body Mass Index (BMI) is too high, 35.  Better options would include liposuction or a tummy tuck.  Pleas see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a complete body contouring consultation.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Cool sculpting

Given your history and photos you are an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck. A tummy tuck would address muscle laxity as well as removing extra loose skin and subcutaneous fat. Cool sculpting would work for you but you should have a realistic view of what it can accomplish.   Have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can review your options with you.