Cellulite: Will a Brazilian butt lift help with this?

Okay, so I'm making a list of surgeries I'm going to do to improve myself (spare me the c•nty remarks of "overdoing it" or "love yourself" or whatever, if the tools are there to improve something that bothers me, I'm going to use them.) I have cellulite on my thighs and buttocks. I'm 28, 5"6, 130 lbs. I have not had children- and will never have them (tubes tied, I have zero interest in babies.) Likely undergoing a BBL, would this help?Do I need something else? I'm open to suggestions.

Cellulite and BBL

Hi theseaghost,

Thank you for your question.  Cellulite is common complaint patients have in my practice and one that has very few, if any, great solutions.  I certainly wouldn't recommend fat transfer as a cure for cellulite, but I have seen improvement in some of my BBL patients.  Each person is unique and have cellulite problems in different areas.  I'm sure a plastic surgeon in your area could give you better advice after a thorough exam.

One technology that addresses cellulite effectively is Cellfina.  This is an in office procedure that targets the cellulite dimples.  You may have seen it spotlighted on Extra or the Doctors.  I'm sure there is someone in your area who offers this treatment.

Hope this helps.

Dr. B

A BBL does not help cellulite

Cellulite is a superficial phenomenon and adding fat will not fix it typically.  Various external devices that use radio frequency energy (BodyFx by Inmode) or Smart Lipo with the cellulaze hand piece internally can help.  Nothing is butler proof.  If a BBL is in your future, try treating the cellulite first as the energy based devices can harm the grafted fat.  Good luck.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon