How many cc's of fat can be transferred to the cheek area at once?

I know it's tough to guess. My face is extremely gaunt. In your experiences with fat grafting, I'm wondering if I can get a nice full round look in the first visit. Or do I have to wait until the touch up visit to get the fullness I am hoping for? Thank you :)

Fat Transfer for a very gaunt face

In my experience most fat transfer is done in a single session. But occasionally a touchup is required to optimize the results. I find that if a large volume is needed the touchup rate is a little higher.

Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek fat augmentation

Thanks for your query. it is possible to get a nice round look in the first surgery. There is no defined limit as to the amount of fat to be placed. A detailed analysis of your face with a discussion of the areas to be volumised and the donor areas available will help you and your plastic surgeon come to the correct decision. Some areas like the periocular region are best under corrected. other areas will depend on the experience and practice of the plastic surgeon.All the best.

Volume of fat injection

There is not a defined limit as to how much fat can be injected to the face on one time. The goal is to inject sufficient amount during the initial injection and in the experienced hands one injection often achieves the intended results. However, on rare occasion it might be necessary to inject additional fat or remove some, if the retained volume is beyond what is expected.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon