Ears gauged up to 3/4 in. How much in the state of Utah for surgery to repair/sew them back up? (Photo)

I did them for me and now I am trying to get them closed up for others. I work at a great place that doesn't judge me for them, thankfully. However, I went to get a part-time job, got hired, then the manager training me told me they were an issue. They told me to take them out, and I could still have the job. I guess people will always judge no matter how well you can do the job, so I decided I need to get them removed if I want people to take me seriously, and I do.

Ears gauged up to 3/4 in. How much in the state of Utah for surgery to repair/sew them back up?

Hello BrownSugarPlum,

It is common for people to have gauges repaired for the exact reason you are describing.  It is important that you do this for yourself though.  The reason is that after the repair it would be very difficult to stretch them again if you changed your mind. 

As far as the repair, like the other physicians have answered, the repair is done under local anesthesia in the clinic.  The cost does depend on the complexity of the closure which can only be determined with an in person evalution.  But you are likely looking at a price around 800-1400 for both ears.  I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon to go over the repair and find out your specifice price.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. This is a very more frequently requested procedure recently.  It is generally performed under local anesthesia and can produce excellent results. Generally, in our practice this procedure costs $700-1200 depending on the situation.   Best wishes.

Earlobe repair

Try leaving any gauges out for at least 2-3 months to give your skin a chance to shrink back down as much as possible. If they do not return to what you had in mind, you can surgically repair the earlobe. A smaller hole will make this a smaller procedure. You will be able to re-pierce your ears 2-3 months after you have the earlobe repair done. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #earloberepair

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe repair

Earlobe repair is a very common procedure. Frequently, we have patients who will have the procedure done the same day as the consultation. Typically, the cost is between $450-850 per earlobe, depending on the severity and the length of the procedure.You may be able to find a doctor who will do this under insurance but i am not aware of any.The length of time the ears have been gauged should have no effect on the procedure. As long as the tissue is no longer irritated or inflamed, there is no reason not to give it a try. Gauged ears are sometimes more difficult than some other earlobe repairs since the tissue is so over stretched, but we are still able to create a natural looking earlobe. You can get your ear re pierced about 6 weeks after and should be included in the pricing. Shop around in your area and see if you can find a plastic surgeon in your budget

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Gauge earings

Thank you for your question.  Your concern is one that I have with many of my patients who want their gauge earlobes closed.  The good news is that it is a quick in-office procedure that is relatively painless and patients can go back to work the same day.  The price depends on the size and difficulty of the closure but ranges from 650-1200.  Good luck.

Michael Bublik, MD

Gauged ears

Hi BrownSugarPlum,

The cost varies on the complexity of the individual patient. In general, the cost is around $900-$1700 dollars.

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon