Am I still swollen or is this the final result? (Photos)

I had a mini tummy tuck 3 weeks ago to removing sagging skin from an 80 pound weightloss. I have read that the swelling is at its worse at this time during healing. I'm wondering if this is my final result or am I just very swollen? My stomach is usually much flatter than it is now. Also I feel as if my scar is really bad, but that could just be my pessimism coming out. Is this scar healing decently? Thank you so much!!!

Normal healing process

Everything you are seeing is normal and due to swelling. The appearance of your abdomen will continue to improve as you continue to heal. Be patient with your recovery, this is all normal following and mini tummy tuck and liposuction. Good luck with your recovery.

Dean Vistnes, MD.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself # minitummytuck #liposuction 

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

You are still very swollen and its normal for 3 weeks post op. The swelling will decrease significantly in the first 3 months after and the final results you will see in about 8-10 month after.Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Too early to judge outcome

At this point in your recovery, it is much too soon to be worried about the outcome. It takes time for the swelling to resolve. It may be 6 months or more before the shape has reached its final look. Be patient. Watch your physical activity. Everyone is different.

Post op tummy tuck

The majority of swelling after a tummy tuck will take between 6-8 weeks to resolve. But it will take 8-12 months to see the final result. The scar will take 1-2 years to completely settle, flatten, and whiten out. 

Susan Kaweski, MD

Final results

depend on what was done with without knowing the details of your mini-tuck, its impossible to say if that is your final result.  But if it is, you should be able to discuss office revisions with your surgeon to help you get a better result.

Curtis Wong, MD

Abdominoplasty Results

It is not your final result, that will be in about 6 months.  However, you should be evaluated by your surgeon to see if you have a seroma, which can be treated in the office if necessary.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Mini tummy tuck results

You will have to wait for 3 months following mini tummy tuck to realize your results. At three weeks, it is not unusual to demonstrate significant swelling and redness of incision line.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

At 3 weeks after your mini tummy tuck, there is a lot of swelling that will slowly go away. The scar looks very good for just 3 weeks from the surgery. Keep wearing a girdle to support the tissues on your tummy and be patient, usually 3 months after the surgery like 80 to 90% of the swelling is gone, but it may take 6 months to see the final results.

Mini Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photo. You are very early in the post-operative period and should expect to have swelling for three to six months following your mini tummy tuck surgery, Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Swelling after mini tummy tuck

Thank you for the question. You are very early in the process of swelling and scar healing processes. In general, they are about a year to reach the final results. Follow your surgeon's recommendations for scar treatment and massaging. Good luck. 

Neil T. Chen, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon