My stomach seems to be real swollen I have a lot off gas is that normal after a breast reduction.

Enlarged belly after breast reduction

Not only ingestion with narcotics can be an issue; as the previous surgeon mentioned; but, more importantly, in my opinion is the issue of swelling from the breast descending down to your belly area. It's normal due to gravitational effects and lymphatic drainage from your breast area. Give it around 1-2 weeks and you will see considerable improvement.May your healing phase be uneventful!

Enlarged belly after breast reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Bloating after any type of surgery is common. This is due to medications used during your anesthesia, as well as postoperative narcotic pain medications. As you taper off of your medications, the bloating/swelling will resolve. Thank you for sharing your question. Best wishes.

Breast Reduction - Recovery

Thank you for your question.  Abdominal swelling and gas can both be normal following surgery. However, if swelling persists or becomes extremely painful, contact your PS.  Swelling and gas should resolve within a few days following surgery. You could be constipated due to the medications you're on. Let your PS know the last time you had a BM. Best of luck.

Breast Reduction - Recovery