Realistic goals? (photos)

H, I'm wondering if my wish pictures look realistic. I'm having surgery in 6 weeks. I gained almost 15 pounds for this procedure and am hoping to get these type of results with projection . 5'6 155 Thanks

Great Candidate !

Thank you for your question.  It appears you are a good candidate based on your pictures.  A Brazilian Butt Lift   Is a good proceeded for those patients who are trying obtain an augmentation of the central and outer area of the buttock superiorly.  Usually in this procedure liposuction of other areas of her body is necessary to remove the desire fat to be able to injected or "grafted" into the buttocks.  To be able to be a candidate for a Brazilian but lift he must accomplish 3 things:

1-   You need to be able to have enough fat deposits in other areas of your body for a successful transfer.  The volume can range anywhere from 500cc-1000cc.
2- You need to have realistic expectations and make sure you have a good communication with your board certified plastic surgeon.
3- Identify a surgeon who has done several of this procedures and can deliver a consistent result.

Realistic goals?

From the photos you provide you appear to be a great candidate for a Brazilian butt lift and can achieve great results. Please see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

BBL +/- implants

BBL and/or implants will get you the results you are desiring. Please see link for buttocks augmentation alternatives.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Thank you for your question and photographs.

If you have adequate fat pockets for harvesting you would be a candidate for a BBL. The fat can be harvested from multiple areas on your body and injected into the buttocks to build it up and give you that curvier silhouette. Sometimes, this procedure needs to be staged to achieve your cosmetic goals because injecting too much fat at once can increase the chance of more fat cells not surviving. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical evaluation done to see if you are a good candidate or not. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks/hip area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination done to see if you are a good candidate for a BBL. I do not recommend patients gaining weight for this procedure. You should maintain a stable weight for at least 3-6 months prior to having the procedure done to obtain optimal results. If your weight fluctuates too much pre or post operatively, this can affect your results. If you do not have enough fat to achieve your cosmetic goals, I would consider buttock implants or the combination of fat grafting and buttock implants to achieve your goals. Best of luck!
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Realistic goals?

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on height and weight, your BMI is 25. At this BMI you should get a great result. I do not advocate weight gain prior to surgery. Fat cells are storage cells, and larger ones are more prone to damage and death during liposuction, than smaller fat cells. This is a very technique dependent procedure. You should show your "wish photos" to your chosen surgeon, and ask him or her if your goals are realistic and he/she can guarantee those results. You would do best with VASER Hi Def Liposuction to create the small waist line and all around sculpting like in your wish photos. Good luck with your surgery.

Realistic Goals?

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.