Do you think I will develop cleavage based on my pre op and post op pictures?

Hello. What are the chances of developing a nice cleavege based on my pre op pictures and my one month post op pictures. I was a 36b before surgery and I chose 550 cc HP silicone Under the muscle.

Cleavage

Sadly, a breast augmentation can't really alter your cleavage. The implant has to be centered behind your nipple so your anatomy determines your cleavage. Your breasts implants do seem to be sitting high but they should settle with time. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Getting cleavage from implants

depends on the width of the implants and your natural breast width and the space between your breasts.  You started with mildly tubular breasts and asymmetric nipple levels.  Options included the augmentation alone or augment with lift.  Implants do need to settle and I'm a believer of massaging to help implants move around more so there is more natural movement when wearing push up bras.  Focus on healing and keep your surgeon informed of your concerns as you heal.

Curtis Wong, MD

Developing cleavage after breast augmentation

Unfortunately you will not develop cleave after your breast augmentation. In fact, your implants are going to be too high for where your nipples are. You should have been recommended a breast lift and augmentation procedure which can be safely performed in a single session. I always teach my patients that to get optimum results you need to center the implant on your nipples. If your nipples are too low to begin with, you need to be shown how a breast lift with implant augmentation is in your best interest. Please make a consultation to see how you can correct your concerns at this point.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Wide clevage

Breast augmentation cannot change your natural cleavage, so you will have the same one that you had before the procedure, just slightly fuller. Because of the implants though, it will look narrower when wearing a bra that pushes the breasts together.

Wide gap and breast implants

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

You have a wide gap and will not see lots of cleavage. This does not mean you will not have a lovely result. It is good that you noticed this and it is one of the things that I stress during my consultations. Your preoperative anatomy is very important in your post operative result.

If you would like to see results of women just like you. Visit the web reference below. You will see that they have great results. In their clothes and swim suits they look amazing. Disrobed and in person they also look very good. It is just not the tight cleavage look. Since none of these women ever cleavage, they understand that it is just not their look.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Breast Augmentation

Judging final result

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

Your photos suggest you have a very nice result and that things will continue to improve and implants settle in place.
Breast enlargement doesn't change our cleavage -
But large implants can allow a bra to give us cleavage when it couldn't before.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Cleavage

Thank you for your question.  Your cleavage will be the same as it was pre-op.  This is your natural anatomy and is maintained even after a breast augmentation.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Cle

Unfortunately, cleavage is totally dependent upon how far apart the natural breasts exist on the chest wall. Sometimes the breastbone is wide in the breast or part. It is possible to move the implant a little bit more towards the center but this will then cause the nipple and areola to point outwards. A wider breast with implant will sometimes help in this regard. You may need a tight bra to achieve the breast almost touching look. Good luck and congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

If nice=normal, you're all set

Most women are not born with butt-tight cleavage. They're out there but they're not the norm. Like you most women have a gap between their breasts and going under the muscle (good decision) limits the amount of cleavage we can create. Like the majority of women, if you want really tight cleavage, your gonna need to rely on a good bra to provide it. Good luck.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Cleavage after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and your pictures, and congratulations on your breast augmentation!  From your photos, it looks like your implants still need to settle a bit.  Cleavage post-operatively is based on the natural space between your breast pre-operatively.  Because you have a fairly wide space between your breasts, your implants will not move closer together as you heal.  Your best bet for creating more cleavage with your new implants is a good bra to push them together.