Does it look like I need a chin implant or lipo? Do you think my nose getting done could make my profile look better? (Photos)

Chin implant or submental liposuction?

In the pictures that you provided, your profile is somewhat convex, which is attractive for women. The area below your chin would benefit from either liposuction or injection with Kybella to reduce the submental fullness. In many cases, I prefer to place a chin implant if a rhinoplasty is performed. It improves the overall balance to the face. Good luck.

Do you need an implant or lipo?

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

I need a chin implant or lipo? Do you think my nose getting done could make my profile look better?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

I have performed many Rhinoplasty surgeries over the past 30 years and typically combine Rhinoplasty with Chin Augmentation when it's required.  The Rhinoplasty "alone" will refine the nose but will "not" add the harmony and balance to the lower face that a chin implant will provide.

Hope this helps.

CHIN AUGMENTATION, SUBMENTAL LIPOSUCTION AND RHINOPLASTY CANDIDATE

Dear itsfeliciax, As far as providing a better balance to your profile I would likely suggest a combination of procedures including a refining rhinoplasty and chin augmentation with sub-mental liposuction. This combination will not only add a better profile but will nicely balance your overall facial aesthetics. During consultation imaging can be provided that will show you how these procedures will look and then you can make an informed decision. The imaging can be done showing you the combination of chin augmentation with sub-mental liposuction alone and then show you a combination of the three procedures. See an example of the imaging process on the video above and examples of chin augmentation on the link below. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Chin, Nose and Neck

Thank you for the question and photos and from them without an examination, it would appear that you would benefit from a chin augmentation, rhinoplasty and liposuction to the neck.  So go on some complimentary consultations, look at photos of similar patients and compare fees and find your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Do I Need a Chin Implant or Neck Liposuction? Perhaps Both?

The best result can be achieve with both a chin implant and liposuction of your neck. This will improve chin projection and jawline definition. A subtle rhinoplasty will refine your nose but if you have to make a choice the most dramatic changes can be accomplished with the implant and liposuction.

Does it look like I need a chin implant or lipo?

To maximize the improvement of the profile you really need to do both. I would need to examine you but I may suggest fat transfer instead of an implant and ThermiTight instead of liposuction. You could have a rhinoplasty emphasizing tip refinement. 

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, chin implant, neck liposuction for better side profile

From the photographs presented, it appears that there is an overly projecting nose with the dorsal hump, and a weak and recessive chin profile. There is also small amount of fatty deposits in the neck for  which liposuction can improve. A closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, decreasing the projection, narrowing the bridge and adjusting the tip with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. A small chin implant can be placed through an incision underneath the chin to help bring the mandible forward to help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the nose. All three of these procedures can be performed together or separately, depending upon the patient's desires. The rhinoplasty procedure would be performed under general anesthesia, while the neck liposuction and chin implant can be performed under local anesthesia. For more information, diagrams of the chin implants, many before and after results of this combination, and our current price list, please see the link and the video below