1 week post op from a Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation. My left breast is way bigger. Any suggestions? (photos)

Dr filled it 75cc differential To the right I am one week po. And the day I came home I noticed my life boob looked bigger the the right. Well I had my follow up today and come to find out he did fill me life side to 450 cc and my right to 375cc. (So apparently I'm not crazy) my p.s. told me to give it 4 wks for the settling to go down because there gonna look totally different after wards and the ones gonna settle in.

Breast Asymmetry Post Mommy Makeover

#Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation or #AugmentationMastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing. But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit. 

Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

Modest asymmetries very common after mommy makeover.

From the asymmetry in the photograph I don't think there's much to worry about. Asymmetric swelling is fairly routine after mommy makeover surgery.

Mommy Makeover

It is my pleasure to answer your question. I recommend you to wait at least one month to see the results. 

Aramis Vega, MD

"Too early to tell"

Hi.  At just one week post-op, you are still very swollen.  Frequently, one breast will swell more than the other one, so temporary differences, due to swelling, are very common at this stage, but go away when the swelling resolves.  Hang in there.

If your surgeon thought he/she got good symmetry during surgery, then it should look great once the swelling resolves over the next month or two.

Asymmetric breasts after breast augmentation

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

Your surgeon's advice is good.
You are swollen and it will take time to settle and look natural.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Breast asymmetry after surgery

It appears that your left breast isn't actually bigger but the implant is higher so when you look down I'm sure it seems bigger. 1 week is still very early and often swelling is asymmetric. If the implants are smooth and your plastic surgeon is having you massage/displace the implant downward this will help. Don't fret too much this early on. Things will settle and change over the next several months. See your plastic surgeon and express your concerns. I'm sure he/she placed less volume in the right breast to help compensate for the smaller left breast. Look at your before photos and you will probably notice the difference more as you probably had asymmetry to start with as most women do. Take care

1 week post breast augmentation

At 1 week it is still very early in the healing process and some asymmetry is normal. As the swelling goes down and the implants soften and drop, the shape of the breast will change. It usually takes 3 months to get to your result. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have will your surgeon for his or her evaluation and advice. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

One Week Post Mommy Makeover - Why Does My Left Breast Look Bigger?

Congratulations on getting a Mommy Makeover.  Your implants, especially the one on the left side, appear to have not settled yet. 

Implants, or at least the fluid inside the implants, take about two and sometimes three months to get to their final resting place.  Your plastic surgeon told you the truth.  Things will settle. 

Each plastic surgeon has his or her own technique, and no technique is wrong if it works for that surgeon.  However, if you were my patient, I would suggest you use an ace wrap above the breast to encourage the downward migration of the implant or the fluid in it. 

Take a deep breath.  Give yourself time.  I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

Swelling after breast augmentation

Thank you for your picture and question.  It is way too soon to tell what your final result will be at this point.  There is still significant swelling that may alter your end result.  It is not unusual to fill saline implants to different end points as there was likely a size discrepancy in your breast size preoperatively.  Give it some time and be patient and obviously follow up with your plastic surgeon.  Good Luck!

1 week post op from a Tummy Tuck and Breast Augemtation. My left breast is way bigger. Any sugestions?

Dear Nicki, at just one week post op and you may well have more swelling on the side of the larger implant.  This size differential may improve and/or resolve over the next several weeks.  Give things time and work with your surgeon.  But he/she is correct it can take 4 to 6 weeks for things to settle.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon