Upper and lower blepharoplasty. Is this swelling and bruising normal? (Photo)

I had upper and lower blehpastory two weeks ago. When i had stitches out doctor was very happy with the results not much bruising or swelling. My eyes were starting to look ok, then all of a sudden my right eye swelled and closed up with bruising. Can now open but still swollen and bruised is this normal

Bruising after eyelid surgery

Your photo is not clear, but you should feel free to contact your surgeon as soon as possible who can guide you.  

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Normal, no not normal.

Please call your surgeon and get assessed.  Most likely you were overactive and one of the delicate blood vessels associated with the healing process can tear due to activity.  This can lead to a late bruise.  I would say this is rare but not unheard off.  That is why I advise my patients to wait about 3 weeks before resuming vigorous physical activity.

Upper and lower blepharoplasty. Is this swelling and bruising normal?

Thank you for the question. It is a little hard to see clearly in the images that you have provided but it is not uncommon to have asymmetrical healing after a surgical procedure. This can also be influence by your activities, diet and sleeping position. If you are noticing pain and discomfort or redness in the area it would be worth getting checked for the possibility of an infection, although unlikely this far out form your procedure. Good luck.
Dr Guy Watts

Contact your surgeon

There appears to be a small amount of hematoma of your right orbit. You really should contact your surgeon asap regarding your post operative care.

Pierre Guibor, MD
New Jersey Oculoplastic Surgeon

It can be totally normal for bruising and swelling to get worse a few days after surgery.  If it's getting better that's a great sign. We always worry about post op infections but If that were the case the swelling would get worse and the pain would also be increased. If you have any questions check with your doc. 

Geoffrey Kwitko, MD, FACS
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bruising post blepharoplasty

Thank you for the question and sharing the photo. It can be normal to be bruised after blepharoplasty for a few weeks. It is rare to develop bruising a couple of weeks later, but does not seem like something to be concerned about. It should resolve. Just to be extra cautious. see your surgeon. Good luck.