Implant exchange concerns. Is the upgrade worth the future issues with larger implants? (photos)

Went "too natural" first augmentation. I'm 33 y/o, 5'2" 112lbs and got Mentor 375 mod+ silicone unders. My issue is that I'm flat in the cleavage area, and have very slight upper pole fullness, and while my implants are soft and feel like natural tissue, my skin almost appears tight across the implants, from a front view. For a discernible change, I'm assuming at least a 500/550 HP would be the suggestion. What is the consensus about that large of an implant and tissue preservation? Artistically, can improvements be made?

About Exchanging Current Implants with a Larger Size

Yes, it is possible to #increase your implant size with a #revision. However, the #pocket will need adjustment and a lift may be necessary; to better #support the new implant. Additionally, a mesh for further support may be helpful depending on the #implant size and skin #elasticity.With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation. Any cosmetic #revision has risks of unhappy outcome or other complications. Also, the right implant for the revision is contingient on shape of body and your desired outcome.  Your procedure should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for another revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient #reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Breast augmentation

I think you have an excellent result.  If you were to go larger be aware that the skin will appear tighter across the implants, and you already state this as a concern.  Be cautious with larger implants & make sure their base width fits your chest.  I would recommend waiting at least a year after an augmentation before deciding on upsizing.  Take care

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

I would recommend at least 200cc or greater (arguably +300) in order for a second surgery to be worth it.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Replace with bigger breasts implants

Dear New Yorker,    Thanks for submitting your pictures.   From observing your pictures, you appear to be C cup size and from your description you probably have capsule contracture and the elevated left breasts sub mammary fold reflects it. Most likely , your breasts do not move or giggle in a natural way due to the tight pocket. To improve on these conditions , you will have to have capsulotomy  (scar release ) to make room for larger implants and allow them to move naturally. It will also give you more fullness at the cleavage area and a nice , natural upper pole slope. Lowering the left sub mammary crease will improve on symmetry. It looks like you have a sub areola incision, which is very good and it will facilitate all the above mentioned maneuvers.  I would recommend to replace the silicone implants with  saline implants, in order to avoid the long sub mammary incision that is needed for a large silicone implants.   It is a myth that silicone implants are more natural than saline implants. In my practice of 29 years I performed breasts augmentation on over 2000 patients, using almost exclusively smooth, round, moderate profile saline implants made by Mentor. This was done to the delight of my patients, who , many of them were mothers and daughters as well as sisters and it is unimaginable that they would have referred family members if they were not happy with the outcome...  You did not provide your chest circumference measurement in inches , which is critical for the correct implants size selection , according to your desire. Let's assume that you are currently 32 C cup size. 500 cc implants will bring you to 32 D cup size. 550 cc - 32  full D cup. Getting to that size is a personal preference, but you have to realize that with body weight of 112 lbs, it will not look natural. A more natural size for you will be 32 full C cup or small D to achieve   that you will need implants with volume of 425 cc or 475 cc,  Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who perform lots of redo breasts augmentation in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and look natural.                      Best of luck,                                              Dr Widder  

Natural breast augmentation

The Mentor sizer kit could be helpful to you to determine the size you would be happy with. Also computerized Vectra imaging might be helpful as well. You look very natural as you are, I would consider staying pat where you are for a year or two before undergoing another operation. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Implant exchange

You have very nice results. If you want to go larger, that might be possible.  I would agree that for a noticeable change it might take 100-200 cc's more.

Implant exchange

It would be helpful to know when you were augmented; if recent, the implants may need to settle down in terms of what you describe as frontal tightness. You do not need larger implants. Breasts do not naturally have upper pole fullness. Anatomical implants might be an option.