Tooth lengthening, aches and pain, anything to ease the pain?

Tooth lengthening last Thurs, all good until today, Sun, aching and pain from tooth worked on to ear. What to know what meds will help me and should I use heat or cold or both. Currently taking Gabapentin, Voltaren, Cipro, Amoxicillin and have Acegaminophen/cod

Do you have an allergy to ibuprofen? #DrSarahThompson

800 mg Ibuprofen is usually one of the most effective medications to decrease the swelling, inflammation, and the pain.  The dentist would have to prescribe it, but it usually works better than the last drug you mentioned.  It also doesn't have all the side effects of the that drug.  I hope this helps and you can click save under my name to ask me more questions in the future. 

Pain, medications, over the counter

Dear beve:Sorry to hear about your pain.  This should help, but you should really call your dentist.Best of luck,

OTC pain meds have limits

In a pinch, 2 ibuprofen and 2 Tylenol has a similar analgesic effect to Vicodin (a prescription pain med with a narcotic).  All 4 pills at once, as needed 3-4 times per day for 2-3 days, may help.  If it still hurts after a few more days, seek help from your doctor.