How can I correct my aging, flabby arms, and the fat around my knees? (Photo)

I have two problems that restrict the clothing I wear. One, my aging, flabby arms, and two, the fat around my knees. Both of these restrict either sleeveless tops or wearing dresses. Is lipo the answer for me? I don't want to make things worse. HELP!!!!!

Upper arm flab can be resolved with a #brachioplasty procedure.

Excess skin & fat on the upper arms are best dealt with during a brachioplasty (a.k.a. arm lift) procedure.

Judging by your photos, I'd recommend seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon for a consultation regarding a brachioplasty, and at that point asking their opinion on the skin around your knees. It is hard to see the problem clearly from the photo you provided.

Arm Lift + Knee lipo

Hello dear, thanks for your pictures. I recommend you an arm lift with liposuction around both knees

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Correct sagging arms and flabby knees

Thank you for your question about your arm lift and knee liiposuction.

• Liposuction unfortunately won't help your arms.
  • Your photos show that your problem is chiefly loose skin.
  • An arm lift will give you a much better shape - the incision is long but can be designed to not show from the front or back - and definitely improves with time.
  • The photo of your knees is a little dark - liposuction may be the best approach here.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Flabby arms and knees

From your photos   you need a full armlift and some liposuction to your knee areas.There is too much skin on your upper arms to do lipo by itself.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Flabby Skin and Increased Fat

I suggest a hi definition body shaping procedure with fat removal and skin tightening.  I often do VASER liposuction with ThermiRF tightening.  Please see a body shaping physician with experience.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Flabby Arms and Fat Around the Knees

Thank you for your photos and question. You noted a desire is to wear sleeveless tops. While you appear to be a candidate for an upper arm lift (brachioplasty) and possibly some lipo of the area, this surgery will leave you with a visible scar the length of your upper arm. It can be a trade-off as to which is preferrable to an individual. I suggest you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon and look through after pictures to better understand what a fully healed brachioplasty scar looks like to make your decision. In terms of your knees, it appears that liposuction can be of benefit. I suggest that you meet in person with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best options for you.  

Karen Singer, MD

Brachioplasty

A brachioplasty removes skin on the inside of the arm after liposuctioning this area.  It is does result in a long scar on the inside of the arm so the cost benefit evaluation of this procedure is important.  There is little that can be done for excess knee skin but liposuction around the knee can helpful. 

Loose skin of arms and legs

It is difficult to tell anything about your knees as your picture is too dark.  Sometimes liposuction, especially if paired with laser (SlimLipo or SmartLipo) can help tighten minimally loose skin as well as remove excess fat.  This might apply to your arms as well, however, it appears that you might be a better candidate for an arm lift (brachioplasty).  The trade-off for a brachioplasty is that you will have a scar on your arms.  I would suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and review your options with you.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Arms and knees

Your knees could likely benefit from liposuction. As for your arms, you might benefit from lipo, but if they are very loose, you might need a brachioplasty.

Flab around the arms and knees

Where there's extra fat, it can be removed with liposuction.  However, if the skin in that area is a little loose, then sagging can be a problem.  You'll need to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to see if they think there's too much skin sagging for liposuction alone to be effective, or whether you need to consider a skin removal step as well.