Opening on incision after breast lift with augmentation normal? (photo)

I just had my breast lift with augmentation on Thursday the 10th (5 days ago). A part of my tape has came off and just wanted to know if I should do anything special to this open area until I go back to my suture removal appointment. It is oosing a little but not feverish or anything.

Open Incision at 1 Week Post-Op

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

#Breastlift and #implants, any breast operation, can result in changes in sensation of the nipples and around other areas where the procedure took place. Larger implants and more aggressive lift methods may have more of a problem.

Healing after #breastimplant surgery will go on for 2-3 months for the early period. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will be changing.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. The best thing is to see your surgeon immediately to have the incision examined and re-sealed if necessary, and to make sure that there are no problems and healing will continue properly.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Not uncommon

this is not an uncommon situation with breast lift/aug. Some simple wound care such as abc ointment a couple times per day and keeping it covered should be fine until you see your surgeon. 

Wound care

I would suggest applying some ointment (polysporin, for example) to it twice a day, and covering with a piece of gauze.  Have your surgeon check it within the next few days.