Why is it taking so long to drop? I'm 2 months ans they seem the same as they were. Even my left is slightly bigger... (photos)

I got my BA on March 7th and when I went to my PS he said I still can't wear a bra bc he wantsaid me to let them drop more. Is there anything I can do to help?

Waiting for Implants to Settle

Hello and thank you for your question! It is not uncommon for many women to take a little longer for the implants to settle.  In some cases, it can take up to 6 months for the breast implants to settle depending upon the size used.  I would advise you to go see your plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation and be examined. Please talk to your surgeon with your concerns and keep him/her posted. I hope this helps and best of luck to you!

Maitland Plastic Surgeon

Post op BBA

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. You may need more time for your implants to drop. The average is ~8 weeks but can take 12 weeks or more for larger implants to settle when starting with a smaller breat. I would continue to relay this info to my PS and wait a little longer for the implants to drop. Best of Luck- Dr Hardy

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Why is it taking so long to drop? I'm 2 months ans they seem the same as they were. Even my left is slightly bigger...

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Typically when larger implants are placed into a woman's chest, especially one that has not had its tissued stretched due to pregnancy or gravity, the swelling that occurs in the breast skin and muscle is significant which will maintain implants in a flattened and elevated position for a longer period of time than smaller implants.  All continues to look well with your results, it likely will just take longer for the volume within the implants to redistribute to the lower portion of both breasts.  Hang in there and maintain close follow up with your surgeon.  

?Too high?

Everything looks perfect to me. Appears you have large implants, were likely small and tight before and need more time. The inferior position of the implants as fine, it is just the distribution of the volume is still altered due to the longer time you require for your tissues to fully accommodate to them. It is normal to be a slower process with very large implants in a tight "skin envelope". Be patient and follow your surgeon's instructions.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Time for implants to drop... when is too long

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

It is difficult to say why your implants are not descended. Sometimes may be related to the surgical technique. At the end massage in the direction of the desired position will help with the final location. remember that gravity will always bring the implants down. 

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Breast Implants taking to long to drop

Thank you for your photos and question. This could be due to implant size too big, however I recommend by patients giving massages on breast to help the implant drop faster. I suggest asking your plastic surgeon if you can do exercising and massage on breast to help them drop. Best of luck.

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Why is it taking so long to drop? I'm 2 months ans they seem the same as they were. Even my left is slightly bigger

Because you have large implants most likely. Ask your plastic surgeon if you can start breast implant displacement exercises and use a Bando which may help. You should drop more over the next two months.