Can I get just a lift without an implant needed? (photos)

can I get a Brest lift without an implant? I just had 450 CC saline breast implants removed after 10 years . They were removed 3 days ago. I am waiting until after I heal to do it but am wondering what can be done?

Breast Lift, or BL with Augmentation

Hi, thanks for your inquiry and for posting your pictures. The real question here is, what are your goals? Do you want perky breasts, or do you want projection too? Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Can I get just a lift without an implant needed?

A breast lift would seem reasonable based upon your description and pictures.

Beverly Hills, CA

It appears from your photos that you have already had an uplift in the past, and you state that you recently had 450 ml implants removed.

If you liked the size you were with the implants, then more implants are indicated to achieve this size. However, you have a fair amount of sagging, mostly volume deficiency in the upper part of your breasts. I think you do need another mastopexy (uplift) to reduce the sagging, but this will not adequately fill the mentioned deflated upper pole.

I'm not sure why you had the implants removed, but if you simply don't like having implants. then another choice is an uplift with fat grafts to increase the volume. Or, if you don't mind having implants, I would suggest smaller implants with an uplift. Your plastic surgeon can certainly help you decide on the implant size.

The bottom line to answer you r question is yes, you can have an uplift without implants. For the best shape, however, I would suggest an uplift with at least small implants or fat grafts to give you adequate volume in the upper part of your breasts. An advantage of the fat grafts is that you can direct them to any area of the breast, such as the upper part. 

Thank you for your question and photos, and best of luck to you.

Breast Lift

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information and pictures as well.

A breast lift, raises the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour.

Sometimes the areola becomes enlarged over time, and a breast lift will reduce this as well.

A breast lift can rejuvenate your figure with a breast profile that is more youthful and uplifted.

A woman’s breasts often change over time, losing their youthful shape and firmness

But if what you want is have then bigger, you need to consider having a breast lift with implants. The lift is used to reposition the breast higher on the chest while the implant is used to give, or restore, upper pole fullness at the top of the breast.

I suggest to make an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Lift

Thank you for the question and the simple answer is YES and the lift could have been performed at the time of removal of your implants.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

A breast lift without implants is a good option

Thank you for your question and photographs. You appear to be a good candidate for a breast lift.  You should only get implants if you want to be bigger.  Be sure to see an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implants can provide lifted look

Hi, I have attached a link that might be helpful...

Hi buddybear40. Thank you for sharing your photos.  The need for a lift is based upon measurements and desired shape.  Regardless of the type of lift, you need enough breast tissue to restore upper fullness if you are not going to use an implant.  While the reason for your implant removal is unknown, you should have an in person consultation to see what a high profile implant can do vs. a small lift that is unlikely to make substantial changes. Best wishes,

Can I get just a lift without an implant?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs. A breast lift alone is an excellent option after your breasts have fully healed from your explantation.  You appear to have pseudo-ptosis of your breasts, where your breast tissue has dropped too low relative to your nipple.  This can be improved by removing additional skin from the lower portion of each breast.  Hope this helps.

Are implants required?

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You can absolutely get a breast lift without implants but the question comes up - what are you hoping to achieve?   

A detailed consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is important to establish your postoperative goals and determine what would be best for you. In my practice I like to review different photos of my patients to establish what shape and volume they seem to like most. It is also very important to perform a detailed exam to evaluate the thickness of your breast tissue, skin tone and the dimensions of your chest. I like to have my patients try on sizers to get a feel for what they may look like and also appreciate how heavy the implants might feel. It is also useful to incorporate some additional 3-D imaging to get a sense for the subtle change between different implant types.

Because you have already had a surgical procedure hoping that your surgeon and you have discussed the long-term plan for your body. 

Either way, the advice I give to my patients focuses on 3 key elements.

1. Select a board certified plastic surgeon that you can communicate with comfortably to establish your desired look.

2. Establish that your plastic surgeon has your best interest in mind and make sure that they can explain your procedure to you in a way that makes sense and makes you comfortable. I want my patients to walk out of my consults and feel like they “get it” with respect to their surgical plan. I want to make sure that my patients can understand what a specific implant may deliver in regard to their results. This is common when we are trying to determine the size a patient desires, and also whether or not to select a shaped highly cohesive implant compared to a round silicone gel or saline implant.

3. Make sure that you understand what to expect in terms of your recovery and postoperative instructions. In my practice I give my patients additional instructions and tools to help them recover. In addition, I follow all of my patients closely after surgery and visit with them at 1 week and 3 weeks after surgery to make sure they are healing as expected.

Cheers and best wishes!!!  Steven Camp MD  #HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation without lift

Hi, thanks for the question and photos. After your breasts have had time to heal after removing you implants, you should be able to have implants replaced without the need for a mastopexy. However, you will probably need to have an implant that is of comparable size to the ones you had removed. Good luck...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon