One doctor has told me I need a tummy tuck. Can I get away with lipo? (photos)

I really want a BBL with lipo. I don't have any scars or stretch marks from my pregnancy. I've consumed one doctor and I was told I needed a y tuck in order to achieve a flat stomach. I'm not trying to be perfect and plan on working out post op. Please let me know if I should get BBL with lipo or no surgery at all. I refuse to get a tummy tuck.

Tummy tuck candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In this regard, I recommend you a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards

Can I get away with lipo?

Thank you for your question and for providing pictures. Full physical examination especially to see the quality of your skin required in order to give you a proper answer. Judging just on your photos it seems that you could have a successful result with liposuction combined with fat graft to the buttocks.  I think your best option would be to see two or three board-certified plastic surgeons that perform both tummy tucks and BBL's. That way you can get a better idea of whether or not you are a good candidate. Good luck!

Enrique Hanabergh, Jr., MD
Aventura Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Liposuction and BBL candidate

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be a good candidate for Liposuction and with BBL. you don´t seem to have skin laxity and if you dont have any stretch marks then liposuction alone will give you great results. When planning a Brazilian butt lift, patients can look forward to a double benefit: reducing areas of unwanted fat while gaining a perkier, rounded posterior.  Each procedure must be planned according to the individual needs of patients, harvesting fat from target areas of the torso, thighs or knees and transferring it to create smooth, attractive contours optimized for each person. The amount of fat transferred from love handles or flanks depends on the quantity available and the extent of buttock augmentation each patient desires.  Sufficient body fat for a buttock augmentation is very patient-specific, depending on an individual’s body shape and proportions as well as their expectations.  That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

DrDerby

Thank you for your question and the photos. It looks like you might be okay with just lipo but that will need to be confirmed with an in person consultation checking th texture of your skin. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy tuck vs. liposuction

Based on your pictures, it appears that you might be happy with liposuction and BBL.  This will not address any loose skin, however your skin quality appears to be adequate. Of course it is difficult to tell from two photographs. Seek a consultation from a board-certified plastic surgeon. If you're not happy with their recommendation, there's no harm in getting a second opinion. Best wishes to you!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

BBL

Thank you for your  question. From the pictures  it appears that you can have a BBL with lipo.( please note the pictures do not substitute for a physical exam ). I like to use the body jet to suction your fat. The machine automatically washes your fat and prepares it for injection. I hope you find this useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

One doctor has told me I need a tummy tuck. Can I get away with lipo?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination it appears that your skin quality is sufficient to only have liposuction performed which can be used for your BBL.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation as they can assess your stomach skin and any excess to discuss your options.

Can I get away with lipo?

In order to evaluate how much skin laxity you have- in person exam is needed. Liposuction addresses only fat, Tummy tuck- addresses excess skin, fat,muscle. You might do well with Lipo alone- however like I mentioned before an in person exam is needed. 

It looks like liposuction alone may work for you

From your pictures it appears that liposuction alone may work very well for you. I would recommend consulting with another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss this matter. you do not seem to have enough skin for a Tummy tuck procedure. Hope this helps.

Itzhak Nir, MD, FACS