Am I developing a capsular contracture in my right breast, 6 weeks post op? (photos)

I am 6 weeks post op 325cc mentor silicone. I am worried that my right breast isn't dropping like my left one. It doesn't feel any different- it just looks higher and smaller and my nipple is pointing slightly outward. Am I going to need revision surgery?

Capsular contracture?

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately, your photos are unclear.  Please be seen in person by your operating surgeon to determine if you are experiencing any complications.  Nonetheless, it is unlikely that you are developing a capsular contracture at only 6 weeks post-op,

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Capsular Contracture at 6 Weeks?

Thank you very much for your question.

6 weeks is early to develop a capsular contracture.  Breast implants do tend to settle at slightly different rates, and they likely will ultimately "catch up" to each other.  If they are "far off" at the 3 month mark, you may want to discuss revision surgery with your surgeon.  In the meantime, follow your doctor's recommendations closely.

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Early capsular contracture?

6 weeks is a little early for CC. Could need more time to even out. Wait several months before deciding on revision.Stay in touch with your chosen PS. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Asymmetric healing

6 weeks post op is really too early to develop capsular contracture. It sounds as if you are experiencing asymmetric healing. Consult with your surgeon to see if there are any exercise that you should be doing for your right breast. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Am I developing a capsular contracture in my right breast, 6 weeks post op?

It is too early for a capsule. It is common for implants to drop at different rates. Ask your surgeon about breast implant displacement exercises and possibly a pole wrap for the higher side. You should continue to drop for another 2-3 months. A capsule would be very hard and obvious-your surgeon can diagmnose with an exam.

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time.  Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Most likely revision only option. But before posted photos would help, especially if you had asymmetry and that was not considered in your implant selection! 

Revision?

My colleagues comments below are valuable. It is very early for a capsule. The fact that you do not feel any difference between the two breasts is important. 
Yes, one breast is higher than the other. 
Yes, there is space between the breasts.
At 6 weeks there is nothing for you to do other than give it more time.
You are welcome to come in for a complimentary consultation to discuss if you wish.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Are you developing CC?

Although capsular contractures following breast augmentation can occur just about any time, most women start having symptoms around three months after their breast implant surgery. This is because it takes some time for a capsule to form and then to scar down (contracture).
Capsular Contracture is a condition in which the capsule surrounding the implant thickens and contracts, squeezing the implant making it overly firm or hard and often changing the shape and position of the implant. As the capsule contracts it moves the implant further up your chest wall making upper portion of your breast too large and unshapely. It is more far more common in nicotine users (e.g. smoking, vaping or nicotine gum or patches).

The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result. Keep following your surgeon's post op instructions and heal well and evaluate your result after a few months.

Capsular contracture

You are still early in the healing process and it may be several more months before the implants settle to their final position.  You may ask your PS about massaging techniques that may quicken the process.  Continue to follow up with your PS.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon