It's been 4.5 weeks since my BA and my left is still bigger? Should my Dr fix it for free? (photos)

I was the same size b4 my BA and now there not yes I've heard to wait but just doesn't seem like there going to change a whole lot in 3-6 months .

Thank you for your question and photographs. The overall appearance of your breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest. You need to allow at least 6 months from surgery to pass before seeing your long-term result and determining the need for a revision.  If your surgeon placed the same size implants in each breast during surgery, any difference in size would be your own natural asymmetry.  Hope this helps.

Uneven?

Yes, they WILL change noticeably over the next 3-6 months and it IS too early to judge. Sometimes small "form" differences are "seen" by the patient as "size" differences and often these disappear over several months as the tissues accommodate and relax. Lastly - I always tell my patients no one is exactly symmetric and their breasts will never be identical twins.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Size discrepancy

Hi there, 4.5 weeks is too soon to start considering  any  revisions unless the asymmetry is due to a large size hematoma. It is not unusual to have asymmetric swelling that may resolve on its own. It is important to remember however,  any preop asymmetry may become exaggerated after augmentation. Best thing to do, as many have advised, is to allow more time for the implants to settle. You may also consider something like a band bra to help lower them in timely fashion. Follow-up with your plastic surgeon to guide you through the process. Best. 

Zakir Sabry MD

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about results. 
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

BA

I would recommend waiting at this point.  Your skin envelope is still very tight after 3 weeks and will continue to relax and stretch slightly changing the shape and projection of your breasts.  They should improve in appearance and look more natural with more time.  

Are you serious?! The result appears excellent! You need to allow 3 months healing, then determine if any revision is even indicated.

Assymetry post aug

If you were the same size before and your surgeon put in the same size implants then they should be equal so maybe give it some more time and try some massage.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Swelling usually accounts for 10 - 15% of the initial post-operative appearance. The implants may swell asymmetrically, as in your case, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Breast asymmetry

It would be helpful to see preoperative pictures to assess how your breast looked prior to the implants. From your current pictures, the asymmetry seems mild. At this stage, you are still early in the healing process. The final result for a breast augmentation or Lift is never really judged until several months from the procedure. Typically, I will wait 6 months before I assess the results. Of course, it can be difficult to be patient while awaiting a result for such a long time, especially when you are excited. But, keep in mind that living human tissues are different than sculpting with plastic or sewing with cloth. Those substances are fixed and don't change much with time. Human tissues, on the other hand, stretch, spread, settle, and change as they go through the different stages of healing. This process takes time and as it proceeds, your result will change until the healing is complete.
This is why plastic surgeons will always advise patience for the first few months after these procedures. In the meantime, keep in close contact with your plastic surgeon and he/she can assure you that things are proceeding in the right direction.
In the event that you are still dissatisfied, often a plastic surgeon will offer to revise the procedure at a significantly discounted rate, but you would be responsible for the anesthesia and hospital fees, and potentially for a new implant if the size needs to be changed.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

One breast larger than the other after surgery

Your question is not an uncommon one. Most patients experience more swelling on one breast more than the other---this is based on being right or left handed as well as your activity level. Many patients also do not realize that they are not completely symmetrical before surgery but notice it only after surgery. It looks like there is still quite a bit of swelling, and if you were very small before having implants, you may need more time for the swelling to go down. You should wait at least 4-6 months before doing anything surgically. There are still many changes during the recovery time. If you are still noticeably larger after 6 months, then you should discuss your options with your surgeon.