I'm 5"2 and 123 lbs. I'm currently a 34B. Do you think going up to a D or DD is too big for me? (photos)

I'm a 28 yr old 5'2'' 123 lb. I'm currently 34b and looking to get a silicone breast augmentation.. Unsure of what cup to go for...and most important, what is best for my size. I would really like a D cup but also considering a DD. Is the cc significantly different from D to DD...? How can I best accomplish the full perky look without looking out of proportion?

Proper size implant

Thank you for your question but the right size depends on many factors but the most important is getting the proportions correct so you have to work with the possible and not with the wanted.  The right placement and size of implant can be determined by you surgeon who can guide you through this process.  If you go too large you will look over done or fake and for your size and shape the right size implant is very important for a good result

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

You have beautiful breasts why deform them with double D implants

Thank you for your question and photographs.  You have absolutely beautiful normal natural looking breasts.

The first desired picture you show looks grossly oversized and deformed to me.

Studies have shown that breast implants in the 350-400 cc range have fewer complications unless risk of capsular contracture.  350-400 cc implants will give you a nice full C possibly small D breast cup size and will look natural.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.There are a lot of factors that go into picking the right implant, such as your breast characteristics, your frame, and your aesthetic goals. Based on your preoperative pictures I think you will be an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation. I would find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and set up consultation. They will be able to help you choose an implant that will best fit your goals. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Selecting implant size to meet expectations

Your anatomy differs greatly from the ideal photograph that you have included.   Your breasts are rounder and your skin appears to be firm and tight.  There will be limitations at to ideal size of an implant based on your anatomy.  An experienced plastic surgeon will be able to examine you and give you an objective range for implant size to help you achieve your goals.   In general for every 200 cc of implant volume you will go up about one cup size. 

Determining optimal breast size before breast augmentation

Hello Noritake-
Finding an optimal breast size is important  and it can be accomplished by starting out with finding five photos of women whose breast sizes you like and five where they appear too big for you. Bring those with you to your surgeon.  Also, buy a bra that you would like to fill out and stuff it with baggies partially filled with rice or flax seed. This is a moment in time in which you should also overstuff the bra and prove to yourself what is too big. Once you have settled on a size and look then you can take the rice or flax side out and put it into a measuring cup. Read off what the amount is in ml (milliliters) and this is equal to 'cc's. You have your answer. Then you need to find a surgeon who can translate this into surgery. 
Please note that optimizing your volume for your desires is important but it is also very important to keep your breasts soft (minimizing capsular contracture) and to optimize the shape of your breasts. You are starting with pretty contours and I would suggest that you find a surgeon who can enlarge your breasts while keeping your shape.
Good luck to you.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best breast implant size

A consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has done a lot of breast augmentation is going to be your best option to help determine what size breast implants would be best for you. I spend a lot of time talking about size with my patients. We use breast implant sizers and recommend they take them home for at least a weekend to help make sure they are comfortable with their choice. Try to find a surgeon with a similar approach.

I'm 5"2 and 123 lbs. I'm currently a 34B. Do you think going up to a D or DD is too big for me?

I think that going up to two cup sizes is usually reasonable.  So B to D would likely look reasonable on your frame.  Trying on sizers in the office can help you determine the volumetric amount you seek.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Thank you for your question. I tell all of my patients “Dimensions and proportions are the determinants of a beautiful breast; not volume.” I recommend that you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your breast augmentation options based on breast measurements and tissue dynamics.

Increasing breast size

I think that you need to be seen in person to be properly evaluated to determine what size implant would be best for you. Achieving the desired cup size can be discussed as well.

Breast Size in relationship to weight and height

It sounds as if you are a healthy, active person.  Size depends on several factors: measurements of the breast width, height, and distance mid-sternal; projection is factor, how much pre-existing breast tissue exists, and what changes has the breast undergone (pregnancy, weight loss).
With that said, the "resulting shape" is what is important.  As a plastic surgeon I have an expertise in breast surgery, after a cosmetic fellowship, we have an expertise in our practice for cosmetic breast surgery and implants. The exam and sizing exercise cannot be replaced entirely with the internet. 
Since D cups are much more common with the advent of Victoria Secret, I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon that is an expert in cosmetic breast surgery to help you find the shape and size of breast that best fits your torso and lifestyle.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon