Should I lose weight before breast implant removal? Is it still covered by OHIP in Ontario? (Photo)

I decided to get saline breast implants 11 years ago. After college I gained 50 lbs. I am currently 30 years old. The weight gain did NOT give me a flabby appearance (some people get flabby skin after weight gain). My breasts have sagged a bit these past 11 years. I want the implants removed because my back & neck hurt. BOTTOM LINE: I got breast implants, then gained weight. For implant removal, should I drop the 50 lbs before the surgery or after? Will it affect sagging? is it OHIP covered?

Breast implant removal - planning the surgery

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal.
  • If you can lose the weight first, then you should do so.
  • Whether or not you lose weight, you will need a breast lift when the implants are removed or your breasts willl be quite saggy.
  • You will need to contact OHIP to find out if it will cover your surgery.
  • In the USA, this would be considered self-pay cosmetic surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC