Am I a candidate of full Tummy tuck or floating belly button abdominoplasty? (Photos)

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Full tummy tuck

Based solely on your photos, you are probably a better candidate for a full tummy tuck. Best to be seen in person to determine this.

Candidae for full tummy tuck vs foating belly button abdominoplasty?

Hello, you would require a proper exam to determine which operation is more appropriate, because the degree of skin laxity and other factors influence the choice.

William Andrade, MD

Umbilical float

Good question, as each procedure has its strengths and weaknesses for you.  At consultation, each option should be discussed, as should the timing for surgery (are you planning any future pregnancies?). Good luck!

Michael Kreidstein, MD

Evaluating tummy tuck options: what to know

There are several variations to consider, but the umbilical float technique works best when there is very little laxity of the upper abdominal skin, and the position of the belly button is higher than average so that it can be re-attached a bit lower. An advantage of the technique is that it allows for repair of a muscle separation in the upper abdomen with a mini tummy tuck. My guess from the picture is that your best result will be with a full tummy tuck.

Richard Baxter, MD

You look like a great candidate for a Tummy Tuck.

there are different types of tummy tucks which one is right for me and how are they different from the other? There is a mini tummy tuck, tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy Tuck and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question. From your photos it appears you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck. I encourage you to have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss the procedure. Good luck.

Janet Turkle, MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be performed to improve the contour of your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Steven J. Rottman, MD, FACS

Am I a candidate of full Tummy tuck or floating belly button abdominoplasty?

If you did an umbilical float, I think that your belly button would end up just above your mons as you seem to have a fair amount of loose skin above your umbilicus which sits lower on your torso. You will get a flatter stomach area with a full tummy tuck. 

Don W. Griffin, MD

Tummy tuck

Yes, you are a candidate for a standard full tummy tuck which will help restore your diastasis (stretched abdominal muscles) and tight loose skin. I would not do a umbilical float and would proceed with a standard technique with umbilicoplasty. Make sure you ask your plastic surgeon for before and after photos so you can focus on the appearance of the new belly button (should appear natural and pretty) and location of the transverse scar (should be low underneath the bikini line). Thanks for your inquiry!

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon