Botox under eyes - is this spot acceptable? (Photo)

I have a wrinkel forming under each eye where my finger is. I cannot get the the wrinkles visible on an iPhone camera. Needless to say, I can see them especially when I am outside and it is cloudy. Is this spot acceptable for botox or is it too far under the eye?

Botox beneath the eyes is an area where you need to be conservative.  It will have limited effect in that area. Fat injection or lower lid blepharoplasty would be appropriate at the right time.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Botox can be place under the eyes...

Botox can certainly go in the area you are pointing too. We can't be too aggressive in that area, but a small amount of Botox in the correct location can make a great improvement in those annoying wrinkles. Be sure to see an experienced injector.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

The photos only provide limited information.   To answer your question requires an in person evaluation, so suggest you see an physician who has significant experience with neuromodulators.
For some patients wrinkles in this region which are related to muscle motion can be improved with neuromodulators, such as Botox.

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Wrinkles

Botox is an excellent treatment for the dynamic wrinkles around your eyelids. If there is some hollowness, fillers such as Restylane or Belotero can be used to fill and soften as well. In my practice we have also had great success using Ultherapy and Fractional laser. These techniques help build up collagen leading to long term wrinkle reduction. It is best to seek the opinion of an expert injector that has access to a variety of different treatment options.

David Schlessinger, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Softening wrinkles

The area that you are pointing at can be injected with neuromodulators such as Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin. They help soften wrinkles in this area cause by the orbicularis oculi muscle. Going to an Expert Injector can help evaluate if you are a good candidate for this treatment and to check if there are other underlying issues that may be causing these lines such as skin laxity of your lower eyelids or volume loss. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Botox around eyes

The more you chase them down the cheek, the more likely it will affect your smile.  Best to be conservative and safe.

Is Botox acceptable in this area

Botox is great for dynamic wrinkles, meaning wrinkles getting worse with facial movement.  It is hard to see exactly what you are talking about with your photograph.  That location is a common injection site for crow's feet treatments with Botox.  Please consult with a physician in person to see if you are a good candidate for this procedure.

Debra M. Kroll, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon