I Need to Know What to Ask my Dentist For? (photo)

you could say that im just okay with my teeth. I have an apt on the 12th and I need to know what to ask for. My teeth are all chipped especially my front two. I want a bigger whiter smile. I want them lengthened as opposed to gum contouring. already had contouring on bilterals a year ago and I need something more drastic. I feel a longer smile will elongate my face. please give me your opinions! I want thinking bonding n canines

Doctor Answers 2

Porcelain Veneers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Any chipped tooth can be fixed with porcelain veneers. veneers are a thin layer of porcelain glued to your teeth after proper preparation. With Porcelain veneers you can have longer teeth and cover as well any worn enamel, or fix gaps, chipped tooth or cracks. With veneers we are able to change the tooths color, shape and size.
Depends on the amount of veneers you want

Smile make-over question

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is something that needs to be diagnosed and planned properly. You need an experienced cosmetic dentist.

You show gums when you smile so raising the gums would help but this may not be recommended. If the root-tooth junction is at the gumline (ie: the neck of the tooth is where it should be), then gum raising is not indicated. If the amount of gum you show does not bother you then a smile-makeover with porcelain veneers may be what you need.  If you would like to decrease how much gum you show but gum lifting is not indicated, then you may need braces to move the teeth up (the gum goes along with it). Then you can lenghten the teeth  a bit with veneers.

To find out, you should have diagnostic models and pics taken. This should then be worked up in a diagnostic wax-up with your specific demands in mind, to see the anticipated results prior to doing it in you mouth.

Sometimes you can even use the wax-up to transfer it to your teeth as a mock-up and you can evaluate in your own mouth how it may look. This is done with a temporary material that comes off before you leave the office.


Good luck

Dr. T


Mauricio C. Tijerino, DMD
Miami Beach Dentist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.