How much would it be to get a tummy tuck in the Bay Area? (Photos)

I've lost 100 lbs on my own and now trying to get a reasonable quote on a tummy tuck. I'm 32 and I won't be having children. I received a quote once for $14,000 is this an accurate quote? I just want to remove my apron, no lipo just removing the extra skin.

There are different types of abdominoplasty procedures

Congratulations on your weight loss. What you are describing is the most basic of tummy tuck procedures. Different surgeons have different pricing. During a consultation, you should have all of your questions answered and learn about what results you can expect with the various surgical options. If you believe this quote is high, a second opinion may help you better understand your options. Good luck with your process.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Revision/Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

How much would it be to get a tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Good job with your successful weight loss!

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. 

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Cost for a Tummy Tuck. I Have a Quote for 14,000

If the time and effort of your plastic surgeon gives you a good result, then depending on your economic circumstances, it would be reasonable to pay 14,000. See if your plastic surgeon provides the results you want by looking at before and after photos, and perhaps speaking to previous patients. The fine points that justify paying more may include having a low scar that is not visible in a bikini, a predictably smooth recovery with the least discomfort, a pleasing umbilicus and a flat stomach. In my practice I also use a drainless technique so no drains are needed post-op, and Exparel long acting local anesthetic which greatly decreases post-operative pain and need for pain medication. Longer surgical time to do these things would indicate a cost higher than average. Here is a photo of a patient similar to you.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Tummy Tuck

The cost will depend upon the type of tummy tuck anesthesia skill find an experience of the surgeon. There’ll be regional differences. Approximate costs can be found on real self, and other websites such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Payment plans can be offered through Care Credit, local banks, credit cards, and other companies such as Prosper.  Some plans have 12-18 months interest free.

Dr. Derby Sang Caputo

thank you for your question.

Price vary depending on where you have your surgery done and with who. I suggest you to contact a board certified PS and go over all your concerns.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Costs of tummy tucks vary

and it costs more in the city.  If you were willing to travel north and spend some time up where, preferably with friends or relatives, you could have it done for less than $8500.  What do you get for that?  An experienced board certified surgeon with a very decent revision policy, access 24/7 after surgery, house calls if in the area, and an overall good experience.  But what risks are out there?  If you have any problems, it will be a hassle traveling back and forth and surgeons in your area will not want to see you under almost any circumstance.  So its always best to stay local so keep calling around for all inclusive costs and find someone who is able to work within your budget.

Curtis Wong, MD

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Costs of cosmetic surgeries vary depending on the geographic location, procedure/technique and surgeon. You can visit the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) website to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and I would call them to set up a consultation so you can have a detailed estimate written up for you. I can tell you that the Realself average cost for a tummy tuck ranges between $8,000 and $9,000. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

How much would it be to get a tummy tuck in the Bay Area?

It's a great question. The cost of cosmetic plastic surgery varies between regions of the country and between surgeons. The cost should include the surgeon's fee, operating room fees, and anesthesia fees. After your examination your surgeon will be able to determine the amount of time required in the operating room. A longer procedure will increase the price. If you have questions or concerns about the quote that you received, consider contact your surgeon's office or visit other board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for consultation.

Tummy Tuck Cost vs. just removing the extra skin

Hello and thank you for your questions.

The quote you received is accurate based on the consultation you received. This price seems a bit high for just a skin excision. If the fascia, the tissue overlying your muscle is also tightened, the cost still seems high but maybe worth it. If you are concerned, you should seek additional consultations with other Board Certified plastic surgeons so that you feel good about the money your spending and what you will receive in return. The link below reflects results for this procedure that did not cost $14,000. You wold need to go the the photo gallery section to view before and after pictures. 

Good luck with your procedure. 

Michael Kulick, MD, DDS