Will non-surgical rhinoplasty w/ Restylane improve my nasal tip? I have a bulbous tip and want it to be more refined. (Photos)

Tip refinement in bulbous flat nasal tip

I perform non-surgical rhinoplasties for ethnic Asian noses frequently. You can expect a little refinement in the tip but merely changing the tip from rounded and flat to a little more elevated tip. The tip will still appear "bulbous". This is because the filler is placed in a submuscular space just over the cartilages. There is room for the filler to move in this space rather than stay elevated like a cartilage graft. For more refinement, a surgical procedure with cartilage grafts to the tip is the ideal and will stand the test of time.

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty -- Fillers Like Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm -- Am I a Candidate Or Do I Need A Nose Job?

Nasal tips need contouring with surgery to get the most improvement.  You cannot recontour the nasal tip with fillers. Best, Dr. Emer.

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty to Refine the Nasal Tip

Hi and thanks for your question. From the pictures you provide, it looks like Non Surgical Rhinoplasty can be very effective in making your nasal tip look more defined and less rounded. I do not think that you need surgery. I refine the nasal tip using fillers several times per week and the results look great. I like to use Voluma or Radiesse instead of Restylane because each of these fililers lasts considerably longer than Restylane. But the most important thing is that non surgical tip refinement is a tricky procedure to perform, so you have to make sure that the person injecting is very experienced in this specific technique. The challenge is to refine the tip without making it look bigger and that takes some finesse. Make sure to review your injector's before and after photos. Hope that helps.

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty treatments may not improve the appearance of a bulbous nasal tip.

Narrowing of a bulbous nasal tip may be best addressed surgically. Adding filler to the nasal tip may result in a wider tip appearance. Hope this helps. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical rhinoplasty

thanks for your question and photos. Non surgical rhinoplasty is not likely to improve your tip noticeably. You may be better off with a surgical procedure. See a surgeon for more info. Good luck 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical rhinoplasty will not help the bulbous tip

Non-surgical rhinoplasty will NOT help the bulbous tip,  Since it will only make the bulbous tip larger on a temporary basis.  It is also not FDA approved for that application.  A surgical rhinoplasty is required to reduce the bulbous tip which includes suture techniques, conservative cartilage removal, and sometimes cartilage grafts.  For more information about bulbous tip reduction, please see the link and  the video below