Nerve Damage After Surgery.

I had gynecomastia surgery a little over 4 years ago. The sensation on the left side of my chest where I had the surgery is gone, it's still numb. After researching, it seems I have nerve damage and since its been so long since I had the surgery it seems permanent. Just wanted to ask if there were any options, tips, advice? Now that I realize what it is its concerning to me and I don't want it to affect my quality of life.

Numbness Post-Op Gynecomastia

NUMBNESS: It is normal to experience numbness around the areola and chest. As your body heals, you may notice random bursts of pain in your chest. This is usually a sign that the numbness is subsiding.As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.After having experienced the numbness this long you will likely want to visit your plastic surgeon or another certified surgeon in your area to have the issue evaluated. If you are having no feeling at all there may be something that can be done to recover any potential nerve damage, and your operating surgeon would most likely be the best to evaluate your condition. I wish you all the best!