In Medellin surgeons stay between 600cc- 800cc per cheek of fat transfer. I've read other places go way beyond that?

While i read plenty of stories here in u.s and other places that go waay beyond that? I am planning to go to medellin for surgery since im going on vacation.

In Medellin surgeons stay between 600cc - 800cc per check of fat transfer. I've read other places go way beyond that?

The amount of fat that is transferred to the buttocks in a Brazilian butt lift can vary significantly, depending on the size of the patient and the amount of enhancement desired.  In our practice, I have injected as little as 200 cc per buttock to as much as 1,500 cc per buttock; again, depending on the size of the patient and the desired enhancement.  Remember to take into account the fact that about 65-75% of the fat transferred will survive long term.  With regard to traveling out of the country for surgery (medical tourism), in general, I would suggest against this.  If you have a problem post op you will not have your surgeon close at hand.  After any surgery, complications can occur (even several weeks following the procedure) which may require your surgeon's attention.  Keep this in mind before making any final decisions.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

Most cases requires at least 400-700 cc / side for good contouring depending on the starting point.  I suggest you see an expert in 4D vaser contouring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Appropriate volume

I don't think you can make general statements like the one you have. There are too many plastic surgeons with too many variables.

Some patients come in size small and some patients come in size extra large.

Volume is highly patient dependent.

If there is a difference between Columbia and United States it's probably more related to the number of obes people in the United States.
I do not recommend patients travel for cosmetic surgery.

Too few people take into consideration the importance of follow-up, The number of people require some form of a vision and that complications really do happen.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD